Chili's and Restaurant Insanity

Options
124»

Replies

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Still a great topic of conversation! Not just Chilis but all eateries!
    I eat bunless burgers and have it wrapped in lettuce. No fries but side salad. An appertizer for my meal is an option. Eat only half of a full meal and pack up other half before you get started.
    There are options when eating out.
    Yes....it is still a great topic for 2018!
  • jsminer827
    jsminer827 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Chili's is frustrating - I accept that my sodium intake is going to spike but try to make choices about sauces and cheese in particular that at least help to keep the calories down.

I really like the Olive Garden's lighter fare menu... had a delicious chicken dish that was quite filling for like 500 calories - it had pesto, cheese, and tomatoes though I can't remember the name. The zucchini with the crispy parmesan topping was also really very good.

The one I can't figure out is Friendly's... I have kids, don't hold it against me! - They list a Tomato Basil Soup and Ultimate Grilled Cheese for like 600 calories on their menu, yet the grilled cheese alone is something like 1000 calories and I don't even know about the soup by itself. I order it every time and I enjoy it... but I can't imagine the nutrition facts are right. One meal doesn't derail me, but I can't figure out what's different comparatively!
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Wetcoaster wrote: »
    6 year old post....... B)

yes I know...but the pain goes on! :D
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    Wetcoaster wrote: »
    6 year old post....... B)