• ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    bump
    What a great post! Thank you.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I have no problem BREAKING THE NORM! No problem at all!
    :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    <~~~~~So glad the heat is off of me due to my Temporary Insanity!!! :blushing:
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    If we say I Love My Body! Its perfect!... we are either A. a delusional btch or B. obviously wrong :-/

(but we're allowed to say it inside our head where no one can hear us sometimes, right?)

Your body doesn't have to be perfect to be loved by you, or anyone else for that matter. True perfection is impossible, because it's subjective.

I agree, but its not a switch you can just flip.

Exactly. These "empowerment" self-talks, while of some help, have a limit to their value because there are powerful reasons why people, especially women, have these conflicts. They cannot easily be resolved, if they can be resolved at all. In addition to the fact that the more powerless you feel the more you tend to criticize yourself and women in most societies are still the less powerful, there are aesthetic standards. The standards change from time to time, but only the most narcissistic person seeing s/he did not fit the reigning standard would feel he or she was perfect.