Replies

• GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    You're pretty.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Sh1t yeah I'm truly happy and I enjoy my life. I've been through some ROUGH times. Real rough times. And I struggle with crap every day. (psst.. we all do). But every choice I make, every reaction to events in my life, every thing I do is through my own will. I'm the captain of this ship, and whether it's sinking or sailing, I will make the best of it.
  • katiejoycecross
    katiejoycecross Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hell yes life is worth it.
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I love life- I make mistakes, make good decisions, get laid, have dry spells, fight, love, laugh, and every once in a great while I might even punch a b!tch. But I love being me, and I love that I get to do this until I die :))
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I would rather go to hear SofaKingRad and GasMasterFlash as motivational speakers, than Tony Robbins and Wayne Dyer. These guys are masters......and tell it like it is.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    worth it!!!! Even the parts that suck

19111718.png
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    yeah, he probably has his own issues. It's weird, though, because many people I've spoken to say that they simply "tolerate" life. Yikes.

find different people
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure who said this but my one friend always says it: You're just about as happy or unhappy as you want to be.

I DO think life is worth it. I AM happy with most of my life. I'm not happy about my weight, but I'm happy I'm doing something about it and working to get healthy. Find your passion in life and do that. There are so many wonderful things in life for us to discover. Some folks do it early on and some of us just take a rockier road to find it. I guess some folks never find happiness. Maybe they are looking in the wrong places or expecting to have it handed to them. Life is work. Don't let anyone kid you. Get busy!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I'm at a point in my life where I'm greatly questioning whether it's worth it or not. I would not kill myself, by any means.. But it if an aneurysm blows while I'm sleeping, I would be ok with that. Sad, but it's a situational depression and lack of confidence that things are going to look up. I started treatment with niacin this past week.. We'll see how that helps.

I could get into my whole long view on whether life is worth it in general.. But I'll spare you all my ramblings.

Hang in there.
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    He told me life is hard and that we should stay alive because that's the only choice we have, and we can TRY to make it tolerable, but really, in the end it's not all that great.

I think what your friend is saying "makes sense" scientifically (like, we are wired to try to survive, produce offspring, etc), and honestly life is and can be very difficult sometimes, more often for some people than others, but it's that same science that makes us irrationally happy over small gestures or brings us joy when we least expect it. It's like when people say love or attraction is all just chemicals, but whatever it is or how it's produced works on us and makes us feel like doing things such as dragging ourselves out of bed every morning, showering, getting dressed, etc. Sometimes I think there's a switch that turns on and off--there are stretches when everything is awful, and that awfulness sends you into a downward spiral of negativity... but one thing I've noticed that is true for me at least is that it usually doesn't take as much as I think it should to make everything okay again. I don't know, I don't want to speak for other people because no one can really understand what someone else is going through, but I think life is definitely, definitely worth it. Not just because we have no other choice but because every time I begin to think otherwise something comes up and surprises me, in a good way.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Nothing worth doing is easy!!
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Life is very hard but totally worth it. The alternative doesn't appeal to me. Getting healthy and having fun with loved ones is so worth it. You can make life enjoyable. Go to a concert, or maybe a play, travel as much as possible, experiment with different types of wine, go to the mountains and experience the massive beauty, go to the shore and smell the beautiful breeze, experience a sunset, listen to Mozart!. Watch a classic comedy .. The Marx Brothers are great!! Best yet, take the time out of your day everyday to make someone smile. Make it a personal goal. That in and of itself makes life worth it to me. Random acts of kindness always make me high. The weekends make it all worthwhile. Cheers!!! :flowerforyou:
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    worth it!!!! Even the parts that suck

19111718.png

AGreed 100%. There is a choice in all things, even the perspective we Choose. Happiness is a choice, but we learn from the hard/ sad times (if your not then your doing something wrong). Also without the bad we would not be able to recognize or see the good. It is all about balance. Every moment of this life is worth it and has meaning, it comes from where you choose to put your focus.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    This is really complicated.

I think you can go either way with it. Two people can look at the same thing, and one person and see it as totally awesome and be stoked, and the other can look at it and find all kinds of things wrong with it. I hate using the cup half full example, because it's so cliche, but I think it's true.

Life can be looked at as a big swirling difficult pile of crap. Or, you can take the other side and look at the world with child-like eyes, and see awesomeness everywhere.

It's really a choice you make.

As for me? I think it's best said like this: Life is full of suffering. But, it's also full of the overcoming of it.

This is what life is about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsOBaV_93yQ
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    nope, i just feel im one day closer to death
    this but i don't care about death :P
    i'm just worried if something happens to me how terrible my parents will feel
  • laurelleigh13
    laurelleigh13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Life is definitely worth it. That we are even alive at this very moment is an incredible gift and opportunity. Unfortunately, from an early age, society puts the wrong ideas in our head of what happiness is. Money, material things, "success", they are nice, but as a quote I found states, "The best things in life ARE NOT THINGS!". I think it is almost a mind over matter situation; If you want to be happy you will, if you don't, you will find a reason to be sad because heaven knows there are a lot of them here. I hope you find your reasons to live life, and not "tolerate" it, dear. I wish you luck.
  • KristineJ86
    Options
    Watching someone die slowly of a disease or other things who really has the will to live will light a fire under a persons *kitten* about just how valuable life can be and how short it can be. As a single mom of 3 boys who is also serving in the military I have seen some pretty crappy things, had some really bad days but at the end of the day it really is mind over matter and the approach you take to things. Sure life can get really bad but the saying it could always be worse couldn't be more true. That saying alone has helped me through some rough things.

Life can be a ***** but the good thing is we are all capable of making decisions and actions that really dictate the outcomes of our journey and the path to get there. Thumbs up for having a choice.
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I had a stroke, am paralyzed on one side at 44 and can't drive anymore but I think 'i have alot to be gratefiul for. Yes it is worth it!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Yes, mine is worth it. I actually enjoy my life quite a bit. But I respect that not everyone has the same burdens to carry, and we don't carry them all the same way.