Avacado

Options
13»

Replies

• turbogirl01
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this! I've had 1 avocado ever...and I just ate it with a spoon. Which was delicious, but now I have a whole world to explore! :wink:
  • ninaquelinda
    Options
    mix together; 1-2 avocado diced, 2 roma tomatoes diced, some cilantro diced, 1/2 red onion diced, 1 cucumber diced, add shrimp; add lemon juice and salt .. mix together .. put in fridge for maybe 30min- 1 hour to marinate --- serve cold and eat with tostados/tortilla chipos-- top with hot sauce

yum

Never heard of adding shrimp and cucumbers to guac, sounds interesting to try.
  • carlosmehubbie
    Options
    avacado, with diced tomatoes, sliced onions and cod fish and a little olive oil.... its called Gaspacho
    boil the cod fish with your hands tear it apart and add the rest. eat it as is or in some french bread.
  • mattgleason
    Options
    I'm going to put half an avocado in my salad tonight. We'll eat them with just about everything. When they start to get too soft, I make guacamole: chopped tomato, minced sweet onion, minced garlic, cilantro (if got), a dash of Worcestershire sauce, some cayenne pepper or hot sauce, lime juice, and (God forgive me) cream cheese.
  • GinaH812
    GinaH812 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!
  • columbus27
    columbus27 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I like to slice half an avocado and use it instead of butter/margarine in a sandwich. Drizzle some lime juice over the other half and it's stone in a tupperware tub and use over the following days.

Not had a chance to read through the other replies so I'll be back! Love love love avocado.
  • Shyhmim
    Shyhmim Posts: 27
    Options
    my favourite is to blend it and make avocado milkshake!
  • d_gray
    d_gray Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I never liked the avocado before, and I kept buying them and then wasting them. I like them best just put on top of something - eggs, chicken, burger, chips, etc. To help me get used to the flavor/texture I started by putting salsa on it, they are great with salsa! I did find out that I really like them! However, i do not like them warm (I tried to make a mexican omelet, yuk; and a spicy chicken meal with avocado) - the texture and flavor change when they are heated or cooked. Right now I'm sticking to room temp or cold.
  • d_gray
    d_gray Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I forgot to add - avocados are hard to find ripe, they are often over ripe or not even close (I have figured out when they are ripe now). I almost completely gave up trying because I always ate them too early of after they were any good. Either way, too ripe or over ripe, they are nasty!
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    This one may not be for all but I poached a couple eggs and made a wrap with a little cream cheese, tomato and avocado. Oh it was good...

I can eat them like candy so I have to buy the small ones and really watch myself. Yes I know they're good for you but all good things in moderation eh?
  • akshayam29
    Options
    avacado with a spicy spinach omelet.....both go very well....