Over halfway to Goal PICS!!!

Options
hml86
hml86 Posts: 225 Member
I started my lifestyle change and joined MFP in January 2012. Started at the heaviest I've ever been at 212lbs. Keep in mind I'm only 5'3". I decided I needed to change my eating habits and start eating healthy and drop this weight. I'm so glad I did, with all the support from my friends on here and at work, who joined MFP and lost weight with me, it kept me motivated and dedicated! I am currently weighing 169lbs. Alittle over halfway to my goal, I still have about 34lbs to go! I couldn't tell how much I lost until I started putting together before and after pictures!! It seems that looking in the mirror now, for some reason I still have that image I see of me still being HUGE!!! Is it just me or does anyone else have this problem too?? Sorry my picture of me at my heaviest is blurry, like ALOT of us, I hated taking full body pics of myself!

Pictures: left 212lbs. Middle -30lbs. Right -43lbs
1d541a6c.jpg

Can even see a big difference in my face

c70cccd4.jpg

Replies

• JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing results! You should be very proud, keep up the great work!! :drinker:
  • cheylene6
    Options
    You look fantastic! You are an inspiration.
  • bogotachica
    Options
    You look great!
  • alycat06
    alycat06 Posts: 75
    Options
    Congrats! I'm also 5'3, so your story gave me an encouragement boost. Thanks! :)
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    what a beautiful inspiration
  • lc971
    lc971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    gorgeous!! what's your secret??? I started 1/30/12, and have lost 25....
  • cip1
    cip1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    wow, amazing job!
  • Tunia85
    Tunia85 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Wow! I can't believe you started in January and lost so much weight! You look great :happy: I'm ashamed of myself now!
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You're absolutely beautiful :)
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You look just beautiful...well, you looked beautiful before, but you look healthier now, too. Great job!
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing. Thanks for posting.
  • zippymelanie68
    Options
    you look amazing!
  • Caro1991
    Caro1991 Posts: 97
    Options
    You look beautiful and happy... I am also 5'2/5'3 and my starting weight is 173, i started mfp a while ago but i just got serious last week.... Can i request you? What are you doing?
  • Sana1116
    Sana1116 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    wow you look great! Yes I feel the same way , I've lost 13pounds so far and I dont see it at allllll. bt everyone else does aparently.!
    congrats on your sucess, I also started in january bt havent loss as well as you did. am around the same weight and height. can you give me any tips from your experience. how many cals? how much exercise? sugar? carbs...and so on. lol thanks in advance and again great loss! keep it up!
  • ejenkins24
    Options
    all right!!! you look fantastic!! thanks for sharing those pictures, you are an inspiration!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Still seeing yourself bigger is a common psychological occurrence referred to as mind/body split.
    Basically your mind hasn't caught up with you body's weight loss~
  • TheNewCrystal
    Options
    Can someone tell me how to add pics to posts?
  • potatoyam
    potatoyam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Almost 6 years ago I moved to Korea and lost 40 lbs there, I haven't gained that weight back but I still have issues with feeling quite large all the time. I'm not that small in general but I'm definitely WAY smaller than I was. Apparently in the weight loss aftermath it's easier for our bodies to change than it is for our minds to change. Just keep reminding yourself of how great you feel now vs. before. Keep up the good work!!!

=D
  • hml86
    hml86 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    gorgeous!! what's your secret??? I started 1/30/12, and have lost 25....

Thank you!! I started January 3,2012. My fellow coworker and my boss and I decided to have a Biggest Loser Challenge at work and whom ever lost the most weight by April would be the biggest Loser! So we went on a low cal, carb, sugar, and sodium diet! I eat a lot of chicken, tunafish, seafood, mainly frozen veggies, (can goods have way too much sodium) and I drink lots of water. Atleast 96 oz a day, which most days makes me feel so full that I can't eat ALOT! I started exercising from day one...atleast 30 mins of cardio a day, by walking, ZUMBA, or circuit training! Everyone loses differently, you've done GREAT so far! You can do it, don't give up! Good luck!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!