Over halfway to Goal PICS!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• amibeachcomber
    Options
    You look amazing! Yes, I have the same problem with body image and how I see myself. When I lost 72 pounds (very quickly) 4 years ago, I just couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that I was no longer heavy. Everyone said how great I looked and it wasn't easy hearing those compliments either. I have lost weight many times in my life only to gain it back .......and more. Not once did I look at myself as thin until I gained it all back and looked back at the pictures of my thin self, did I realize I was thin. Several women on the Biggest Loser have said they experienced the same thing. You look beautiful and I am inspired to take the before pictures of myself, too. I think I'll start a little scrap book and get the visual aspect of this whole journey recorded so that I can look at the pictures every week and maybe this will help me get used to seeing myself getting smaller over the next several months while the weight comes off. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
  • hml86
    hml86 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! All these comments are Definitely giving me the motivation I need!! :))
  • rghelardi
    rghelardi Posts: 10
    Options
    So you lost over 40 lbs in less than 4 months? That's great! The only way I've done that before was by going to Quick Weight Loss Centers. I've gained it back, therefore this time I want to do it with exercise to speed up my metabolism. How did you do it? Any advice for me?
  • hml86
    Options
    Wow! I can't believe you started in January and lost so much weight! You look great :happy: I'm ashamed of myself now!

Thanks! Don't be ashamed of yourself, everyone loses at different rates. You do what you're capable of doing and losing! Just keep your mind set on reaching your goal and don't compare your weight loss to everyone else! I'm sure before long you'll be pairing pictures of your progress!! You can do it !!
  • mama_4
    mama_4 Posts: 1
    Options
    you look amazing I too look in the mirror and cant really see a difference but when i see myself in photos that when im like wow. keep up the good work!
  • teespikes
    teespikes Posts: 31
    Options
    Awsome Results! You should be very proud!
  • hml86
    Options
    You look beautiful and happy... I am also 5'2/5'3 and my starting weight is 173, i started mfp a while ago but i just got serious last week.... Can i request you? What are you doing?

Thank you so much! Yes I would love a request! Love adding new friends to share this journey with! I tried staying away from all those carb foods(rice, potatoes, & bread mostly which I LOVE) lol eat mostly chicken, tunafish, turkey ground meat, fish, shrimp, crawfish, tuna steaks, frozen veggies ( can goods have too much sodium) I lowered my sodium intake a lot which I find has helped me lose a lot more weight! I also drink about 96 oz of water a day everyday! I exercise daily either by walking or Zumba & I was doing circuit training!
  • vsay215
    vsay215 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You look great. Keep it up.
  • hml86
    Options
    wow you look great! Yes I feel the same way , I've lost 13pounds so far and I dont see it at allllll. bt everyone else does aparently.!
    congrats on your sucess, I also started in january bt havent loss as well as you did. am around the same weight and height. can you give me any tips from your experience. how many cals? how much exercise? sugar? carbs...and so on. lol thanks in advance and again great loss! keep it up!

:))tu!! CONGRATS on your weight loss! I guess being that we see ourselves everyday we can't notice a
    Difference until our clothes start feeling ALOT looser!! MFP set my calorie intake at 1200 so I try to stay very close to that! My exercises include cardio( walking & Zumba) I exercise for atleast 30 mind a day everyday sometime I'll do an hour! I try to stay away from sugars but being that fruit has so much of it, some days it's hard to keep it low! The first couple months I stayed clear of rice, potatoes and bread! Being that I live where every meal has to include all 3, right now it's hard to not have alittle of it! Lol I also do have a cheat day where I eat what I want and if I see something I want to eat, I have atleast a little bite of it to satisfy me! Please feel free to add me! :) good luck to you and just picture where u want to be and how much better you will feel about yourself!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Caro1991
    Caro1991 Posts: 97
    Options
    [/quote]

Thank you so much! Yes I would love a request! Love adding new friends to share this journey with! I tried staying away from all those carb foods(rice, potatoes, & bread mostly which I LOVE) lol eat mostly chicken, tunafish, turkey ground meat, fish, shrimp, crawfish, tuna steaks, frozen veggies ( can goods have too much sodium) I lowered my sodium intake a lot which I find has helped me lose a lot more weight! I also drink about 96 oz of water a day everyday! I exercise daily either by walking or Zumba & I was doing circuit training!
    [/quote]
    Your welcome... okay i see, right now am trying to stay away from sodium but i will also try to get away from carbs. Okay i so need.to go get me a zumba dvd lol i was doing wii dance2 & 3. I have a knee injury so am trying to start walking longer distance and i cant wait :D thank you for sharing. Oh how long did it take you to lose?
  • hml86
    Options
    It took me 3 1/2 months to lose this much so far, hard work and determination! Oh and a lot of sweat! Lol I have Zumba for WII, I absolutely love it! The gym also offers the classes but with 2 young kids, its hard to find a sitter so i do it at home! I recently just started doing Zumba with some weighted gloves, to see if it would help my arms! We'll see!! Hope you heal soon! Your welcome, I share with everyone to hopefully inspire someone who's struggling with this battle and to help keep me
    motivated by having others see and comment on how my hard work is paying off!
  • hml86
    Options
    So you lost over 40 lbs in less than 4 months? That's great! The only way I've done that before was by going to Quick Weight Loss Centers. I've gained it back, therefore this time I want to do it with exercise to speed up my metabolism. How did you do it? Any advice for me?

Yes in about 3 1/2 months!! Thank you!! Try staying away from all those carb foods(rice, potatoes, & bread mostly which I LOVE) lol eat mostly chicken, tunafish, turkey ground meat, fish, shrimp, tuna steaks, frozen veggies ( can goods have too much sodium) Try drinking atleast 8-8oz glasses of water daily! They say atleast half your weight in oz of water a day! Remember that getting fit doesn't happen in weeks or even a month, it takes time and it's not easy but the end results are so worth the time and all the hard work you put in. When I first started, I couldn't wait until I was in the double digit loss! I realized to stop worrying about how much I want to lose and take it one week at a time, which is when I weigh in, once a week! When I would weigh in, I couldn't wait and counted down til my next weigh in, now I just dont stress about it and let the day and weeks pass by and before I knew it I'm halfway to my goal!!! Just try taking it one day at a time, keep your mind set on your goal and getting there! If you don't have such a good food intake one day don't let it get you down, it's just one day and tomorrow is a New day for better food choices and a healthier you! Good luck on your journey! Stick with it!!
  • ItsShenMarie
    Options
    Congrats! Awesome progress!
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, great work!! It's so amazing to see the change through photographs.

p.s: I get the same thing as you,I have lost around 4 stone and still can't see the changes like every one else can.
  • SJScobie
    SJScobie Posts: 63
    Options
    Hi

Wow! You look fantastic! well done :)
  • Beccaxx
    Beccaxx Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    OMG super stunning loss hun x Well done xx

Becca xx
  • hml86
    Options
    Thanks again everyone...definitely boosting my motivation and determination to keep going and lose the rest!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!