Too big to Zumba?

Options
1235»

Replies

• ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Zumba pisses me off. It's really cute, I love the dance moves, but I am a horrible dancer (well, I think I am because I don't really try). However, I love dancers, I love watching dance, and I'm going to try zumba at home alone and see if I can get some dance moves down.

Aside from that confusing sentence above, I think Zumba is kinda cool for "dancer" type people.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Some of the worst "dancers" in my old Zumba class were under 100 lbs. I love it but my feet can't handle it anymore. :cry:
  • sjeannot
    sjeannot Posts: 143
    Options
    Girl I started Zumbaing when I was 230lbs and it was really the first exercise in the gym I started doing back in August of 2012 when I first started takign my weight seriously and changed my ways. What makes you too big? If you do not love yourself where you are in life now then you will never love yourself even if you lose weight and are small. Girl get your Zumba on andgo in there and have a good time like everybody else. Besides, you are beautiful and sexy. Why not? :)))
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I started doing Zumba when I was about 203 (22%BF), now I'm about 174 (5.5%BF). It's a lot of fun and very few guys go, which is great as the women don't mind how goofy I look.

Highly recommend it. The social aspect is awesome, these ladies really look out for each other and in no time, you will have 20 or more new friends.
  • LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Really glad I searched for this thread!

Zumba came up in conversation at work the other day, and I always thought it was this really tough, Capoiera-esque type challenge. Didn't realise it was something that anyone can try!

I'm away with work atm, but hoping to try a class when I'm back home next week.

Some great tales in this thread!