I think crystal lite is part of my problem?

Options
13»

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    chemicals are NEVER good for you !! :noway:
    That's a bit extreme. My aunt thought they were pretty good for her when she was going through chemo.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    OP -- Are you blaming Crystal Light for weight gain or something else?

Because if you think it's the reason you're overweight, I think you're probably fooling yourself.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    You could stop drinking it and see if you lose weight.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    i really dont know about drinking crystal lite. I used to drink it all the time, until i saw what it did to the glass i used to drink it. It didnt necessarily stain the glass but it left this white kinda dinge to it. it would wash off true, but after seeing what it did to the glass kinda made me think what is it doing to my body? i dunno maybe it was just the powder seperating but it was enough to turn me off of crystal lite

you should see what your stomach acid does to that white stuff......
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

Really? what about penicillin? Need I go on?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Really? what about penicillin? Need I go on?

Penicillin is mold. But I guess everything in the universe is a chemical of some sort.
  • ahipsher
    ahipsher Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweeteners WRECK my stomach.
    Like those sugar free candies? If any of you have had experiences with eating too many "sugar free whatevers," you get what I'm saying. :embarassed:

I personally try to stay away from Crystal Lite and other things like that. Above all else, I think they taste terrible. I'd rather have water with lemon if I'm going to have flavored water at all. Secondly, I try to stay from things that come from a box. I used to get bloaty eating/drinking things like that, but the bloat around my tummy area went away when I kicked my Diet Dr. Pepper habbit.

But that's not to say you shouldn't enjoy it if you don't feel like it's interfering. I've seen studies from both sides of the argument.
    I'd rather sweeten with honey anyway. :wink:
  • mrsbrown2k1
    mrsbrown2k1 Posts: 139
    Options
    Have you figured up how many calories you are drinking buy drinkning a gallon?? I am sure it's a lot when 5 calories for 1 8oz serving. That alone could really impact your weight loss.

128 oz in 1 gallon
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    Try flavoring your water with actual fruits. Oranges, strawberries, cucumbers etc.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I drink it and use sweet n low in my coffee and neither have affected me in a negative way. I am sure that every persons body is different and it may affect some people.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I get straight up sick if I drink a lot of crystal light. It really messes with my tummy.

YUP! me too!! loaded with crap, but I admit I drink about once stick a day but I have to mix it in with 1.0 liter to 1.5 liters so its diluted!
  • WhiteCoc0
    WhiteCoc0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Gross. Anything artifical is seriously bad and super icky tasting! I would say drink WATER!!! good ol water is refreshing, doesn't cause cancer, free from the tap and damn delicious!
  • pad4sale
    pad4sale Posts: 1
    Options
    I just found out that I am diabetic. My endocronologist said I need to use artificial sweatners if I am going to have anything sweet. I have lost 20 lbs in 4 months, seems to be working for me. Cutting out carbohydrates and sugars have made a huge difference. The only way I can do that is to drink diet soft drinks or crystal lite products. I am sure that water is the healthiest solution but lets get real. We all need to have something in our diets that is satisfying.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    Have you figured up how many calories you are drinking buy drinkning a gallon?? I am sure it's a lot when 5 calories for 1 8oz serving. That alone could really impact your weight loss.

128 oz in 1 gallon
    OMG YOU'RE RIGHT THAT'S LIKE 80 CALORIES A DAY
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    The only problem I've experienced with Crystal Light, specifically, is molar pain. The pain is bad when I start drinking CL every day. It disappears every time I commit to not drinking it.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

128 oz in 1 gallon
    OMG YOU'RE RIGHT THAT'S LIKE 80 CALORIES A DAY

bwahahahaha!
    Gross. Anything artifical is seriously bad and super icky tasting!

um. ok. taste is subjective. seriously bad? not so subjective. it is super neutral in that whole cancer-causing department, but hyperbole is so much more fun, right?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I drink artificial sweeteners all day long, starting with a diet soda with breakfast, then Crystal Light.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I drink artificial sweeteners all day long, starting with a diet soda with breakfast, then Crystal Light.

yeah ... but, well ... look at you. not to be rude or anything, but ......

hehe.
  • Laurawash30
    Options
    I just weighed in a I have lost 9lb since I cut out the diet drinks... I have 15 more pounds to loose but I feel great and found that my workouts have been better since I have been drinking straight water with them...