Explain Your MFP Name?

Options

Replies

• maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm boring and practical... my first initial and last name... and 1? well... it just fit lol :P
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I have green eyes :)
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    It's the nickname my grandfather used to call me. He spelled it "Pudadoe." I have no idea what it means to this day. He was from Louisiana. Maybe it's a wacky Cajun name...?
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My initials are DK and I used to get called Diddy Kong (back in the days of N64!)
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    <<<<< Not trying to boast but...Need I say more? (Ms Qt):wink:
  • Marigenous
    Options
    Marigenous is an adjective that means made in or by the sea. It's just one of my favourite words.
  • Marigenous
    Options
    Adipose- actual definition is "body fat or fat depot or just fat is loose connective tissue composed of adipocytes. It is technically composed of roughly only 80% fat"
    MY meaning- It's a creature from Doctor Who (adorable little blobs made of fat cells)

Rapture- Taken away, leaving.
    Byebye fat cells.

Plus I just really like the screen name.

*disco Adipose in my ticker*

You are awesome.
  • lillawyernica
    Options
    I'm short (5' 0.5"), a lawyer and my name is Nicolette, but my best friends call me Nica.
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm boring - it's a portion of my name.
  • PCOSucks
    PCOSucks Posts: 15
    Options
    I have PCOS. It sucks.
  • therealkatarr
    Options
    My nickname "Kat" and last initial [R = "Arr"], but since Katarr [my usual alias] was taken, I became "therealKatarr" ...because clearly the other one is an impostor. :P
  • akamatilda
    Options
    For some reason, my mother used to kiddingly call me "Matilda" when I was little. (My name is Kathleen)
    It confused the heck out of the neighbors. akamatilda: "also known as" Matilda.:wink:
  • MissYogapants
    MissYogapants Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My username, MissYogapants, comes from a pair of exercise pants I own. At the end of 2005 I weighed quite a lot, and I could most often not buy pants in regular clothing stores. For Christmas my mum had gotten me a gift card at the local clothing store. I was thrilled (especially as I was a student with no money), but my happiness ended when I entered the store, giftcard in hand. I tried on pretty much all pants they had in the store, and none would fit, they wouldn't even be close to being able to zip up! The sales girl got more and more embarrased for me (it was nothing compared to what I felt however...) and the fact that she was simply too polite to tell me I was too fat for their clothes. The store bought back the giftcard. Mum didn't know what to say, for once in her lifem, and I think she was a little embarrased for me too... I was desperate not to let that be "the day when I couldn't for my life find a pair of pants for me" so I went to a sports store and found them: the most special pants ever! They were very expensive (Adidas!), but they were sooooo stretchy and comfortable! They fit me!

During almost 7 years of exercise I've used those pants. The model was simply called yogapants, and they pretty much changed my life that day back in 2005. I still use them, they've fit me no matter what my weight has been during all this time, and I must say they're a quite flattering model. Therefore, I am MissYogapants! :)
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Since I was about 14/15 I've felt a strong connection to Jack Kerouac. Envied the way he lived his life. Also thought he was very easy on the eyes.
    20ca46eda9erouac.jpg.jpg
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I used to live in Chicago, and I had a hot sexy black boyfriend who also was an undercover narcotics police officer. It was really hot! Anyway, he used to call me 'Yummy Tanya" and even had me programmed into his phone as such.

At that time, I was really happy with the weight I was at, and also with the way my body looked overall, from exercise and strength-training.

So, the name reminds me of that time, and the way I looked and felt, and is an inspiration to me, as I know what I could be...
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Suave is pleasant, sweet in French and my real name is Reyna which is spanish for queen... so i guess im a sweet n pleasant queen!! :flowerforyou:
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Mine is a play on the name of Juan Ponce de Leon.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    It's my name (without the mz part) lol the 'mz' part is part of my "so called business name for the clothes I make. I came up with it a few years ago lol...and um yea...I haven't gotten around to changing that yet lol
  • Fatloosa
    Fatloosa Posts: 75
    Options
    Cooooooooooool CAR!
  • Fatloosa
    Fatloosa Posts: 75
    Options
    Mine is my first name and my surname initial followed by gt4 which is Celica GT4; the car I drive, and it is awesome...see my ticker for details...
    [/quote

Coooooooooooooool CAR!