Explain Your MFP Name?

Options

Replies

• 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi there are some wonderful and strange names on here please explain how yours came about or wha it means.
    Mine I like for the double meaning both poking fun at myself ans losing weight. x :bigsmile:

I *just* posted a stat about this last night and pasted it to my profile info. Now, I'll pastet it here:

>>>My name on here is 2FattyXFatty4. It is supposed to read as "Fatty Fatty Two By Four," which is the first fat insult I ever got when I was about seven years old. Yes, 30 years later it has stuck with me. I might be off-putting for some, and I think someone actually un-friended me because she went on a tangent saying that they don't use "that word" in their house ... and then she was gone. I took the name because it's a reminder of my beginnings. I have been heavy for almost my WHOLE life. I don't fear being called fat, per se', because, let's face it, I am. And, I also know that based on my bone structure, I will never ever be skinny. But that doesn't mean that I have embraced the word "fat" at all, just that I am aware of what I currently am and that it's possible to change. I respect people's right to not use the word fat when I have no problem with it. I'd hope that people respect that I don't have a problem with it (when used towards myself), and that because it has a problematic history I'd never use it toward any of you. <<<
  • hobbitgrrl
    hobbitgrrl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    <-- am short & round, just like a hobbit! :)
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    nickname of my married last name (I really wish people would call me Sully, but they just dont! My husband gets it all the time and it makes him nuts, but I think it is cute), and my first name.
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    My MFP name is Kooraloo, which in arabic means swan (Or at least, I was told that it means swan). It's to symbolize the transformation from the "ugly duckling" to the "swan" as I lose weight and get toned.
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    it's the same as my tumblr url.
    when i made my tumblr, i wasn't in a happy place. i wanted to be "thinner" but also "stonger". then, stronger to me was to control everything i ate obsessively. now, i mean physically strong. i haven't bothered to change it because it would mean a lot of link-changing.
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    The combination of my name and love for vanilla wafers..? Hah! :laugh:
  • Keeshaja
    Keeshaja Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    my name with my daughters name Im Keesha and she is Aja take one a out and you have Keeshaja ; )
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    my email addy is smurfymom. I loved the smurfs as a kid and I am a mom of 3
  • RmYWarrioR
    RmYWarrioR Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Mine I would think would be kind of self explanatory. (RmYWaRRioR) I am Active Duty Army. In my job I am considered what is termed as a "Warfighter". So, RmYWaRRioR. It is a nickname I have carried for about 6 years now.
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    my name is GLENYS.....my username is the first part of my name and then BABE to show I may be getting older but I am still young at heart lol
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Ittybittybadonkadonk because I am working on making my badonkadonk (butt if some dont know what badonkadonk is) smaller:bigsmile:
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Mine is a Butterfly, a symbol of transformation.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    My father calls me amygirl and I was born in 1971. Sooooo exciting, i know.
  • Melissa_Dawn90
    Melissa_Dawn90 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    mine is boring. It's my first and middle name and the year I was born :)
  • mommy062706
    mommy062706 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Mine is mommy062706. It is the date I became a mommy for the first time!! :)
  • lkdad_nagy
    lkdad_nagy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Lkdad_nagy, lkdad its the first letters of my familys names and nagy is our last names. I use it because they are my world and I hope I am there's as well.
  • skinyminniedisney
    Options
    I'm Going to be "Skiny" and when i lose weight I plan on being minnie for halloween, and i love disney.
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Happy In Water :)
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am a total Geek. A girl. And Lyn is my name. Its also my WoW nickname, my tag for Xbox etcetra and so it sticks. GeekyGirlLyn
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Ark is my irl name. Ravenesque cause I use it for gaming, esp Runescape :))