~Rainy day...any suggestions for cardio indoors?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I bought a jump rope which I use in my basement, I also have a stationary bike. But I love going for power walks no matter what the weather.

Thank you...I'm going to try walking in the rain today (no excuses right?) ;)
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Get you some dvd's to exercise with. I like Leslie Sansone.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    go to youtube, and type in zumba! some great zumba workouts will pop up and you can just open them up on your computer, and if you have the room follow the moves, you will soon work up a sweat. and zumba is a great cardio workout!
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    Thank you! :)

I heard Zumba is an awesome workout...there is a class not far from where I live, will definately have to check it out (they say it's made for all fitness levels, that you go at the pace that's right for you)...

Will definately check out the Utube videos also...thanks!
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    Invest in some waterproof clothing. Weather shouldn't stop you getting out. I have been known to run in a wetsuit...
    ^^^ This! People are waterproof, last time I checked!

As the great explorer Sir Ranulph Fiennes once said, "There's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing!"

The problem with going out in the rain is the potential of tripping/injury - and if walking in high traffic areas, there are the problems with car visibility. So one has to make a judgement call 'how much is to much rain'. For myself, I jog, and get nervous when the side walk is to wet- because I have the balance of a goose.

"Balance of a goose"...I had to laugh at that...lol ;)
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I run, but don't run in the rain, i.e. if it's raining before I set out I don't go (not showers lol), proper rain! but if it's starts on my run then I continue...lol:

Anyho, in answer to your questions and like many have stated YouTube! can be your good friend for days like that: Just type in Cardio exercise or whatever your preference and agree look for those that are 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 etc mins long! Enjoy and add me if you want!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Sex?
  • danielpinkney
    danielpinkney Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Calisthenics or circuit training indoors - no need for weights and has the added benefit of incorporating a little strength and toning as well as cardio. Plus due to the nature of the exercise routine it elevates your metabolism for a period of 24 hours after you've finished so you burn more calories doing nothing :)... check out details of my usual routine at http://bit.ly/IAfIp8
  • KrystleKiri
    KrystleKiri Posts: 135
    Options
    Do you have Netflix? If not, sign up for the free one month trial and give some of those a shot. I do all the Ellen Barret Pilates sessions, and all the Crunch workouts are fantastic. Highly recommend.
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    Calisthenics or circuit training indoors - no need for weights and has the added benefit of incorporating a little strength and toning as well as cardio. Plus due to the nature of the exercise routine it elevates your metabolism for a period of 24 hours after you've finished so you burn more calories doing nothing :)... check out details of my usual routine at http://bit.ly/IAfIp8

Thank you so much!! (fortunately the weatherman was completely wrong for today & its sunny & warm, so went out and walked 3 miles in 43 minutes..not sure if that's a good time, but for me it was a fast pace, and afterwards I felt so good knowing I did it!) :)
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    Do you have Netflix? If not, sign up for the free one month trial and give some of those a shot. I do all the Ellen Barret Pilates sessions, and all the Crunch workouts are fantastic. Highly recommend.

Hi...I don't have Netflix, but will definately check them out..thank you!!! :)