Which is the best alcohol for dieting?

Options
124»

Replies

• trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options
    mmmm. Skinny Girl White Cranberry Cosmo. So Good. and 100 calories per serving which isn't too bad. :smile:
  • kimberly0416
    kimberly0416 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    A good scotch or vodka and soda water with two limes.
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    vodka and crystal light is good if you don't want a carbonated beverage

^ This is my drink of choice ... but not likely to find crystal light as an option at a bar or party. Someone once suggested that they take to go packs and order vodka w water and added the flavor packet herself. I've also known people that would bring Mio to the bar to add flavor to their drinks.

This is my drink of choice also. I carry several flavors of to go packets. Vodka + club soda + crystal light for a carbonated drink. Vodka + water + crystal light for non carbonated. Both good and with the variety of crystal light flavors you can really change it up.

Miller 64 is also not bad. Bud Select 55 tastes like water though.
  • kate_sunflower
    kate_sunflower Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Seriously? If you want to lose weight, drinking alcohol will not help.

If you read the original question I am aware that drinking alcohol won't help in losing the pounds, hence the whole point of the question as to whats best to avoid and what I can get away with, I dont intend to get hammered I'm just drinking to be in the party spirit with my friends. I asked for tips not sarcastic comments.

Then perhaps a better title would be best next time. And it was not a sarcastic comment. Staying away from alcohol is always a good idea. Just sayin.

Why can't an alcoholic drink be someone's treat for the day? What could be possibly wrong with that? There is so need for sarcasm here. This is the kind of stuff that turns people away from the boards and ultimately from this site. She's not trying to start anything - just a simple question. She didn't ask if drinking alcohol would help her weight loss - then maybe your response would be relevant and appropriate (somewhat). I wish there was more support here than people just biting eachother's heads off and voicing opinions at every chance.
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I like vodka and flavoured water
    the only calories are in the vodka
    and there's no sugar in the water
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Seriously? If you want to lose weight, drinking alcohol will not help.

How's the view up there on your high horse?

Drinking alcohol from time to time will not harm your weight loss efforts. I speak from experience. It is just about making smart choices, and possibly creating a calorie buffer through the week if you plan on going over your TDEE for the day.