2 ounces of pulled pork is how many cups?

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Hello zombie thread.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    but can an english major such as yourself look at the time stamps on the posts?

Thank you for making me literally laugh out loud...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    According to Aqua-Calc Conversions & Calculations, 4 cups of shredded pork would weigh 1 kilo, or 2.2 pounds. Even an English major like myself can do the math from there.

"Look at me, being so self important I decided to join a forum to chide someone for a question 2 and half years after it was asked!"

You're awesome.

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    According to Aqua-Calc Conversions & Calculations, 4 cups of shredded pork would weigh 1 kilo, or 2.2 pounds. Even an English major like myself can do the math from there.

"Look at me, being so self important I decided to join a forum to chide someone for a question 2 and half years after it was asked!"

You're awesome.

Now where is that coffee you ordered?

(I know, low blow. lol.)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    FredDoyle wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »
    This is going to surprise some of you, but there are 2 types of measuring cups - one for liquids and one for dry ingredients. 2 ounces is 1/4 of a cup.

If you'd rather have a visual, the palm of your hand is comparable to one serving of meat.
    What? You'd have to have a dry measuring cup for every conceivable ingredient then as they are all different densities. You can't measure a weight of pulled pork in a cup. Get a scale.
    If it's always made the same way, with the same sauce and the same density of meat then at best you could guesstimate after having weighed it and seen how much volume it fills in the measuring cup.

A dry measuring is for measuring volume, not weight, just like a liquid measuring cup. It's meant to be filled to the top -- that is, it's one cup if you fill it to the top. It's meant for measuring things like flour and sugar, where you scoop up an overly full cup, tap the side to get the ingredients to settle, and level off the excess with a flat edge (like the non-cutting edge of a knife) so it's level with the top of the cup.

A liquid measuring cup is transparent and the one-cup line is below the top of the container. It generally has a pouring spout. It's transparent so you can look at it at eye level to make sure the liquid comes up to the one-cup line (or fraction of a cup, if that's what you need, or a larger amount if it's a larger measuring cup -- I have a one cup and a two cup liquid measuring "cup," and I've seen them as large as four cups at least).

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    Oops -- missed that it was old.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    FredDoyle wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »
    This is going to surprise some of you, but there are 2 types of measuring cups - one for liquids and one for dry ingredients. 2 ounces is 1/4 of a cup.

If you'd rather have a visual, the palm of your hand is comparable to one serving of meat.
    What? You'd have to have a dry measuring cup for every conceivable ingredient then as they are all different densities. You can't measure a weight of pulled pork in a cup. Get a scale.
    If it's always made the same way, with the same sauce and the same density of meat then at best you could guesstimate after having weighed it and seen how much volume it fills in the measuring cup.

A dry measuring is for measuring volume, not weight, just like a liquid measuring cup. It's meant to be filled to the top -- that is, it's one cup if you fill it to the top. It's meant for measuring things like flour and sugar, where you scoop up an overly full cup, tap the side to get the ingredients to settle, and level off the excess with a flat edge (like the non-cutting edge of a knife) so it's level with the top of the cup.

A liquid measuring cup is transparent and the one-cup line is below the top of the container. It generally has a pouring spout. It's transparent so you can look at it at eye level to make sure the liquid comes up to the one-cup line (or fraction of a cup, if that's what you need, or a larger amount if it's a larger measuring cup -- I have a one cup and a two cup liquid measuring "cup," and I've seen them as large as four cups at least).

I know what a dry measuring cup is. I guess you didn't read all the posts. They're all for volume therefore there was absolutely no point in bringing up a dry measuring cup to measure pulled pork. I was trying to explain the absurdity but that doesn't work when people respond without bothering to read all the posts in the thread.