A sports bra and yoga pants/shorts
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Shorts and a t-shirt? Or longer shorts... don't wanna show off anything. :D
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I used to wear one of my husbands shirts and a pair of workout pants. I don't advise jeans, but have seen people work out in them. Seems like it'd chafe? I don't like my body so I hide it under as much baggy attire as I can get away with. When I was running and at a comfortable weight and I was a bit more confident and comfortable with my body I wore the tight running pants and a fitted running shirt. I didn't go to the gym then

Now I am a mom and I don't have the time for the gym so I wear one of my husbands t-shirts and a pair of work out capri's and do 30DS in my living room before the little one wakes up.

Same here, I can't go to the gym ATM due to working full time and having a little one at home. Hopefully when she starts full time kindergarten I can find some time for the gym! I have the 30d shred dvd but no opportunity to work out at home at all - my daughter won't let me when awake and would woke up if I did it when she is asleep :(

Thank you all for the repplies... I think I like the yoga pants and a tank top idea the most :)

Another fat of yoga pants for gym time but... you can do a LOT of stuff pretty silently while she sleeps. Push-ups, sit-ups, squats, walking lunges, tricep dips... if you do them in quick succession you will get your HR up just as much as 30DS does and you're getting some amazing strength moves. There's always a way and all of those are nice and quiet!
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    i wear whatever is clean. lol.
    but it ranges from tight shorts and a tank to leggings and a baggy tee. i just want to be comfortable when i am working out.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I feel too hot in anything past knee length and anything with sleeves. I wear a sports bra, a tank top I already worn not working out and athletic shorts, capris. I get my stuff at TJ Maxx so its cheaper.
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    I wear black draw string tight pants that comes to just below the knee. I also try to wear a sports bra and a Y back tank top.
  • Sweet_Caramel
    Sweet_Caramel Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yoga pants/capris and I like to wear tanks like the ones from Target and Old Navy, since they come in just about every color of the rainbow (and inexpensive). Also, a supportive sports bra and that's it. Very simple and comfortable.
  • ashhhhole
    ashhhhole Posts: 74
    Options
    I wear a short sleeve t shirt, and then gym shorts of some type. Usually they're mesh shorts or the types of shorts that i wore for my softball uniform, some type of polyester i would assume. On days where I just lift I might wear a long sleeve t shirt.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    If you can afford to pay a little extra, I'd recommend something like a Nike Dri-Fit top or an "athletic" T - Something that wicks away moisture. That will help you stay cooler. I just wear the ON sweatpant capris or yoga pants on the bottom.
  • kimberly0416
    kimberly0416 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Yoga capris, tank top and a tshirt underneath.
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    Tight top and black tight pants/leggings. I care how I look so I am picky with the kind of top and pants, etc.
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Leggings and a tank, leggings and a t-shirt, or a t-shirt and shorts.
  • GeneveSparkles
    GeneveSparkles Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'll be doing and the weather. But for me a key aspect is clothing that is moisture wicking. I used to wear cotton tees but I can' stand working out in them anymore, the get wet and heavy and are cumbersome.
    If I'm running I usually were long workout pants or running compression pants (my thighs rub together so I can't wear shorts) and a tank top, I don't have an armband for my phone/music so i have to have a clothing item with a pocket.
    For days when I don't run, I wear shorts and a tak top or fitted workout tee.
    I usually wear two sports bras cause I hate any booby movement. Days when I lift fingerless gloves are a must.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Usually a sports bra, tank top and yoga pants
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Full length sweat pant and a lose tshirt, usually one i borrowed from my SO
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    I'm a female and I always go full frontal nude. More women should follow my example!

Does this improve your workouts significantly? Hmmm...
  • catio23
    catio23 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yoga pants (capri length, usually) and a semi-fitted t-shirt with a sports bra underneath. I like the pants and tees/tanks from Target. Inexpensive but comfy. I think the brand is Pro-Spirit, or something? I also have some from Tek-Gear from Kohls.
  • fitJoce
    fitJoce Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Pre weightloss I wore leggings and a baggy tee shirt. Now that I have lost the weight, gotten fit, and feel good about my body, I wear fitted workout clothes.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    My typical gym outfit is usually a good sports bra (I have this favorite Nike one I wear probably too often, I'll be so sad when I have to retire it!), an Under Armor or Nike sleeveless top (the dry-fit kind that wicks moisture away from the body), and either Nike running shorts (I have a million pairs because of all the pretty colors) or some Nike or Under Armor running leggings (again, the moisture wicking kind). And I never wear underwear. People think "eww gross!" But if you're wearing the right exercise clothing, underwear is pointless and can actually cause infection. The Nike running shorts have a built in panty that has the same effect as the dry fit clothing, and the tights have a reinforced crotch area and the same moisture wicking technology. Soooo much more hygenic than sitting around in soaking wet cotton panties!

I also alternate my shoes, running or HIIT days I have on my good Brooks running shoes, and then the days I'm doing some kind of crosstraining or just weight lifting, I have a pair of Nike Lunarglides that I love. OH and good socks. Thorlos are my favorite.

I'm one of those annoying matchy-matchy girls in the gym. Whatever, I like cute workout clothes, they make me feel good, and I work my BUTT off :) Sometimes, if I'm just doing lifting, I'll wear a race t-shirt or some other random t-shirt I've got with my running shorts. Yoga days it's Lululemon yoga pants and a tank top/sports bra.

Once I get to the official halfway mark in my weight loss, I'm rewarding myself with a couple nice new Lululemon outfits, and then when I'm at goal weight, a few more lululemon outfits :) They're expensive but great quality and SO CUTE.

LMAO @That last line of you 1st paragraph.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I wear yoga pants or tight shorts. Tight t shirts or tank tops. It depends on how hot or cold it is outside.