100% Whey

Options
2»

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Let me put it this way, if you lift weights (properly), and don't follow it up with a scoop of whey protein, you are almost wasting your time.

This is totally untrue. There is no nutritional window - you just need to hit your protein requirements on a daily basis.

^^^ This
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    You won't gain weight unless consuming it puts you above your maintenance calories every day. It's not some magical substance that causes you to gain weight, it's just a more efficient method of consuming protein.

What? It's not magical? But, but.....:sad:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Let me put it this way, if you lift weights (properly), and don't follow it up with a scoop of whey protein, you are almost wasting your time.

Don't forget to throw in your fast acting carbs, preferably waxy maize, in a 4:1 cho:pro ratio
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    It's protein. Works just like chicken breasts or egg whites. Just quicker & easier to prepare and gulp down. Don't overthink it.
    ^^^This. People seem to think it's some magic potion that will either make you fat or make you get XBOXHUGE. it's basically just dry skim milk.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    So if Im meeting my preotien goals, no need to to add whey...

When I get to 135, and start doing weight trining, sounds like thats the time to add it in?

I don't know what your protein is currently set at, but if you are using MFP's recommendation, it is probably too low.

Im usually around 100g protien a day avarage. Some days 80, some days 120. MFP says 188 recomended...

You are getting in a good amount of protein without supplementing. If there are days when you are behind on your protein intake, then feel free to use the whey. Good rule to use is 1g/ lb of LBM.