Pittsburgh: French fries on salad?

Options
13»

Replies

• RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    In the UK we put a thing called mushy peas on pot pies but in Canada where i live now, everything things it's weird

Went to the UK to 2007 saw mushy peas EVERYWHERE. Heh. :)
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

Hmm I've been in Pittsburgh for almost a year now, and haven't tried Primantis yet! I've had fries on a salad though :) In a hospital cafeteria :)

Well it is about time you make a trip to Primanti's. :tongue:
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm from Pittsburgh too! :) I love fries on my salads, Steelers, Hot Dog Shoppe, Jerrys and Hanks. (Western Pa.) I moved to the south in 1998 and I still get grief from these southerners about saying pop and yinz...You can take the girl outta the 'burgh, but you can't take the 'burgh out of the girl! :)

GO STEELERS!!
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Pittsburgh here. Yep , can get fries on your salad.

I'll admit though, even before losing weight, I always ask them to leave the fries off. It's just YUCK! :noway:
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    It is probably at Primantis . I'm from Cleveland area and when I go on business trip coworkers want to go there so I always say no fries!!!
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    They're salad without fries ? ha ha
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Love steak salads with fries and creamy FULL FAT ranch dressing on top OMG heaven!!!
  • cynergie
    cynergie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

I've never heard of french fries on a salad. Then again, in Arizona I see people dipping french fries and pizza in Ranch dressing.

That's because this is delicious.

Around here everyone dips their fries in mayo which I think is gross.

LoL...when I was in Spain I noticed a lot of the locals mixed ketchup with mayonnaise - then dipped their fries in that mixture. I tried it and thought it was okay. Also, in California I know some friends who love dipping their fries in blue cheese dressing.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of french fries on a salad. Then again, in Arizona I see people dipping french fries and pizza in Ranch dressing.

I live in Indiana and I dip (well I did) french fries in ranch dressing. It's seriously delicious! Never pizza in ranch, but sounds good haha