Moments you said what you wanted to when you wanted to

Options
13»

Replies

• totallytasha
    totallytasha Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Nothing like combatting ugliness with ugliness. :frown:

Nothing against sticking up for yourself, but perhaps it would be better to cheer you up to tell happy stories of where people were compassionate rather than mean.

Yes, because saying one thing to someone who has been making your life hell for the last few weeks/months/years is SOOOO HORRIBLE! HOW DARE WE?
    Better we just smile, take it, & get used to being a welcome mat for all sorts of harassment & abuse?

Oh, & did you even READ any of the posts in this thread, or just see the title & decide to get all Holier-Than-Thou on our sinful *kitten*?

"Nothing against sticking up for yourself" <--- Did you read that part? She didn't tell you what to do, that seemed like pretty mildly worded suggestion on a way to help cheer up the OP. Her opinion is as valid as yours, take a chill pill dude. It's Friday.

She's coming into a thread about times we stood up for ourselves, & complaining that we're not talking about more positive things. if she doesn't have anything to contribute to the thread, then why bother coming in & shooting her mouth off about what negative people we are?

Not to mention, the fact that we have enough self confidence to stand up for ourselves is pretty positive IMO.

Maybe she was trying to contribute and really thought it would help - how should I know? I don't care if you guys don't agree, I'm just chiming in that I feel that the reaction was so much stronger than what I think it deserved. But maybe I don't read enough posts - I was just surprised.

No worries, IMHO she didn't come to contribute more than to ride through on her high horse but posted the other statements to soften her criticism and come off like a good guy. Not what we were looking for though. But good on ya to try to see the best in people :) That is not a bad quality in my book.

Thanks : ) I'm sorry I appear to have killed your thread - I didn't mean to start anything. btw, as much as I like to keep it peaceful if I can, sometimes people just need to know you're not taking any more of their crap! Definitely full marks for the lady who put the cotton candy in the hair :drinker: Calling people b**** isn't nice as it is - especially when they're the one's being mean. You show her!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Nothing like combatting ugliness with ugliness. :frown:

Nothing against sticking up for yourself, but perhaps it would be better to cheer you up to tell happy stories of where people were compassionate rather than mean.

Yes, because saying one thing to someone who has been making your life hell for the last few weeks/months/years is SOOOO HORRIBLE! HOW DARE WE?
    Better we just smile, take it, & get used to being a welcome mat for all sorts of harassment & abuse?

Oh, & did you even READ any of the posts in this thread, or just see the title & decide to get all Holier-Than-Thou on our sinful *kitten*?

"Nothing against sticking up for yourself" <--- Did you read that part? She didn't tell you what to do, that seemed like pretty mildly worded suggestion on a way to help cheer up the OP. Her opinion is as valid as yours, take a chill pill dude. It's Friday.

She's coming into a thread about times we stood up for ourselves, & complaining that we're not talking about more positive things. if she doesn't have anything to contribute to the thread, then why bother coming in & shooting her mouth off about what negative people we are?

Not to mention, the fact that we have enough self confidence to stand up for ourselves is pretty positive IMO.

Maybe she was trying to contribute and really thought it would help - how should I know? I don't care if you guys don't agree, I'm just chiming in that I feel that the reaction was so much stronger than what I think it deserved. But maybe I don't read enough posts - I was just surprised.

No worries, IMHO she didn't come to contribute more than to ride through on her high horse but posted the other statements to soften her criticism and come off like a good guy. Not what we were looking for though. But good on ya to try to see the best in people :) That is not a bad quality in my book.

Thanks : ) I'm sorry I appear to have killed your thread - I didn't mean to start anything. btw, as much as I like to keep it peaceful if I can, sometimes people just need to know you're not taking any more of their crap! Definitely full marks for the lady who put the cotton candy in the hair :drinker: Calling people b**** isn't nice as it is - especially when they're the one's being mean. You show her!

hehe thanks that cotton candy lady was my mom, she is the sweetest lady, until you are rude to her or anyone else............................or litter lol. Have an awesome weekend and Cheers!
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options

Also a friend was at Trader Joe's and this woman kept bumping her with her cart to move her out of the way. It became obvious to my friend after the 3rd time. So my friend turned around looked her dead in her face grabbed the front of her cart and slammed it into the aisle causing all kinds of things to fall into it, then she said Geez lady I think you need to be more careful what you run into you have made quite a mess for yourself. The lady just stood there in shock.

^ LOL my hero!! I told this one guy who was being mean that being a **** wouldn't make his grow longer. He got mad haha XD
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Love your mom Emmy! My mother also taught me not to put up with crap either. I don't remember the details but when I was quite young I was in the bathroom at the little league baseball park where 2 teens were smoking. I told them they shouldn't smoke (we were learning this in school) and they started throwing cigarette butts at me. I told mom. She stormed off to the bathroom and laid in to the girls. She recognized one of them and threatened to tell her dad. They were scared to death!
  • ShaeSweetie
    ShaeSweetie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Honestly no one ever said that kinda **** to me really. I have always been an aggressive kinda person and i have never had any problem beating someones *kitten* if i needed to haha so people are relatively nice to me =) The second i confront someone about talkin s**t they nearly crap their pants and beg for forgiveness...so i dont really have any good stories about things ive said. Only thing i ever said once was when my neighbor (who had gotten weight loss surgery and had alwayss judged my weight) came up to me and said "aww you got a haircut how nice! And then goes..but hmmm you reallly gained alot of weight Shae..i mean come on you are better than that"..i just turned and said excuse me? are you really one to judge me..when i can diet for a month and be 3 times as thin as you are..and thats WITHOUT needing surgery..so maybe you should consider looking at yourself first before judging me.....

it was a nice moment =)