Any geeks in here?

Options

Replies

• acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Geekin' it up here in C-bus, OH.

Star Wars, Star Trek, LoTR, movie nerd, superheros (I'm Batman's closet lover), Dr. Who...

plus a bit of girl geekery - I sew.
  • acstansell
    Options
    YAAAAAY I did not expect so many responses!!!

I have to wonder, with so many people listing Firefly and how many I know that LOVED the show, WHY WAS IS CANCELLED.

I'm a huge fan of Joss Whedon. Anyone else watch Dr Horrible?

I joined the Geek group and certainly didn't mean to be "exclusive" by making this thread. Apparently I have a lot to learn about these boards- sorry!!

Thanks to those who friended me!!

mmmmmmmmmm Firefly, and yes, we love Doc horrible in our home, can't wait for more!

I watched BtVS the other day while sewing and I remember now why it made my heart squee. On top of that - in the 4th season, Spikes spends the majority of the episodes with his shirt off... I'm very okay with that.
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    As the name implys very much a dark knight fan.. Star wars, Zombies the whole shot..

Remember the answer is 42 :laugh:
  • KendyDawn81
    Options
    Love video games and work in tech support! lol
  • acstansell
    Options
    Most definitely.
    All of the above.

...but at the risk of starting a controversial discussion....

Star Trek > Star Wars

Seconded :happy:

After coming from a disillusioned childhood where I thought Star Wars vastly superior, as I have grown, so has my intellect - and along with that, my love of Star Trek. Now, because of the vast destruction of my childhood memories at the hands of the vile Lucas, I can't remember when I last saw a Star Wars movie - but I watched Enterprise for 8 hours yesterday.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I used to play chess in high school.

-__________-

LoL. I love chess!! :) I am bit of a gamer as well. :)
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Any? Any geeks?

Its an Internet forum for over weight people.
  • micklespiffy
    Options
    Pic says it all.
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    I just wanted to point out that my 5 and 8 year old girls are totally addicted to Doctor Who, and have almost finished off the backlogged netflix queues. Probably won't introduce them to torchwood, now I need to see if I can get them into say star trek... although they seem to be more inclined towards star wars...

I'm going to assume I'm raising them right when they'd rather watch doctor who than the Disney channel :bigsmile:

Any other suggests for them, since we're on the geek subjects? Not sure on BSG, but I think they might like Firefly... sadly my 8 year old wants to watch the walking dead... but I'm not so sold on her watching that yet, I'm not sure her nightmares are as composed as she is :D

Also, any of you geeks want to add me, I'm all for it... :happy:
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I guess I could be considered geeky.

I am a Network Engineer, Software Developer, Database Analyst, handy at most sections of Information Technology. Current employment position as a Software Development Director.

I like LOTR, old school Star Trek, and definitely a Star Wars fan.
  • LadyofLight08
    LadyofLight08 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am a Lord of the Rings Geek <3
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Gotta watch Big Bang!
  • karmaticgeek
    Options
    *deep breath* WoW (see avatar), Firefly, TBBT, Futurama, Red Dwarf, Doctor Who, Baldur's Gate, D&D ("I attack the darkness!"), Harry Potter, LOTR, Street Fighter, Game of Thrones, Dragon Age, Neverwinter Nights, Legend of Zelda, Star Wars, Star Trek and more. Oh, and My Little Pony: FiM for good measure. Okey dokey lokey!
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I love Star Wars, LOTR, Doctor Who, internet memes, and I'm just a science geek in general. Usually the first thing when I go away anywhere, is locate the science museum :P
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    If anyone here is a MMORPG type geek, you should try fitocracy. Its a website where you get points for working out and after X points, you level up. I love arbitrary points systems. Always can make me do ridiculous things.

Oh, I had over 365 days /played on WoW before I quit about a year ago (I had all but quit another 2 years before that, but its called world of warcrack for a reason).
    I'm currently working on a PhD in molecular biology
    I've seen damn near every episode of Dr. Who that has ever happened...
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAY I did not expect so many responses!!!

I have to wonder, with so many people listing Firefly and how many I know that LOVED the show, WHY WAS IS CANCELLED.

I'm a huge fan of Joss Whedon. Anyone else watch Dr Horrible?

I joined the Geek group and certainly didn't mean to be "exclusive" by making this thread. Apparently I have a lot to learn about these boards- sorry!!

Thanks to those who friended me!!

mmmmmmmmmm Firefly, and yes, we love Doc horrible in our home, can't wait for more!

Yes! They are filming the Dr. Horrible sequel this summer. \(^.^)/
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thought you guys might enjoy these!

sci-fi-fantasy-what-do-you-mean-my-sodium-level-is-elevated2.png
    wtf-photos-videos-sexy-einstein3.jpg

They are relevant to our multiple interests.
  • eennis12
    eennis12 Posts: 5
    Options
    Deffinately a geek here: Star wars, star trek, merlin, firefly, i also used to collect x-men comic cards (sheepishly) I"m such a dork! :)
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me, i need to get some tickets for the Phoenix Comicon soon.
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I geek out on the following:

Monkey Island
    Piratey themed things
    Lego
    Broken Sword
    Firefly
    Glee
    Penguins
    House
    RHPS

But my three biggest geek outs are definitely Monkey Island/Piratey Themed Things and Penguins