2nd week into this new lifestyle

2»

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    Hi kandyjo,

This is kinda my second week too (I joined the end of last week). I really like this program because I'm a temp worker in the summer, so on days off, I find myself bored and slowly sneaking into the kitchen... haha. But with keeping track of every little thing I eat, it has really opened my eyes to how much bad stuff I was eating!!! Anyway, good luck with keeping away from the Pop. Maybe all of us 2nd week peeps should start our own support team (I saw the pink team, the turbo jammers, the Wii fit people, etc.).

Meags23

Awesome!!! :happy:
  • kandyjo
    Ok....I am all about a group for us 2nd week'ers....
    How about the Fit Mama's or something fun like that?!!!
    Then we can all check in at a certain time every week...share our struggles and triumphs...maybe through in a challenge....? So, whatcha think???
    Lets decide what we want to be called and then we can go from there :happy:

Someone else suggested "June Buggers"....
    Anyone else?
    Lets decide ASAP so we can Officially get started :happy:
  • 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Welcome!!! I just started on Monday - we will all find great success!!!!
    :flowerforyou:

I'm hoping to lose 17lbs by the end of August - I would love to join a group with some goal marked for September 1st!
    :smile:
  • kandyjo
    Hey...it might be good to all know what type of exercise everyone is doing....
    If anyone is doing the same one....Like 30 Day Shred...that would be awesome...
    What type of challenges to do guys want?

One of the challenges should be that we make sure we log in every day and log our food and exercise...that is good accountability...
    But we need something to really get us up and moving.....
    Suggestions?

I also really LOVE the charts that I have seen with other groups.... It has the groups name and all the members...current weights, weight loss, percentages and such....Does anyone know how to do that?
  • 135gratitude

One of the challenges should be that we make sure we log in every day and log our food and exercise...that is good accountability...
    Suggestions?

I also really LOVE the charts that I have seen with other groups.... It has the groups name and all the members...current weights, weight loss, percentages and such....Does anyone know how to do that?

I would LOVE to join that! I can make a chart, but I have NO IDEA as to how to get it INTO the message!!!! I'm 32 but I might as well be 132 when it comes to some computer things!
  • kandyjo

Suggestions?

I would LOVE to join that! I can make a chart, but I have NO IDEA as to how to get it INTO the message!!!! I'm 32 but I might as well be 132 when it comes to some computer things!

LOL...me too!!
    I will ask one of the other groups "administrators" how to do it...

I am thinking that this group should include everyone starting in JUNE!!! That will make it easier.... for those knowing if they "qualify" or not LOL...

Ok....give me some input people....
  • kandyjo
    Ok....this is what I got on the chart when I asked her how to do it...

: I do it in excel, then hit 'Print Screen' and paste it into paint. Then I just upload it to photobucket and put the code in my post.

sounds like a lot of work :laugh: :laugh:

But anyway
  • Hi ya'll. This is my first post. I joined last week.
    I think it would be wonderful to start a group on here. I'm getting married in the middle of July and wanna look hot for my man on our honeymoon! :love:
    The only problem I'm having is that I don't really eat that much (I'll journal a normal day for me and it's maybe 1-200 calories over) and I'm a horse trainer so I ride horses at least 6 hours a day and if I put that under my exersize, it says I'm eating 2000 calories less than what I should be and I should weigh 110 pounds haha! I wish I did!
  • kandyjo
    well, I do know you have to fuel the fire if you want it to burn.... So you have to eat and not just eat, but make wise decisions and keep things balanced.... I am, by far, no expert....at all....or I wouldn't be in the shape I am in.... This is just from what I have learned here on MFP....
    Congrats on the upcoming wedding!!! :happy:
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    I started May 30...close enough for me, close enough for y'all? I'm actually still in my "2nd" week as I got a cold in my "real" second week & had to back off some of my exercises, etc. So, I'm calling the 3rd week my second (re-do)!

Can I take part too?
  • kandyjo
    I started May 30...close enough for me, close enough for y'all? I'm actually still in my "2nd" week as I got a cold in my "real" second week & had to back off some of my exercises, etc. So, I'm calling the 3rd week my second (re-do)!

Can I take part too?

absolutely!! :laugh: :laugh:
    Now, just to get a name so we know how to recognizes "ourselves" in a post :laugh: :laugh:
    AND We should all post our starting weight, current weight, weight goal, and mini goals....
    We will do that in another post...just to go ahead and get an idea of who the members actually are...

Right now we will just call it June Starters until someone thinks of an awesome name and we all agree on it!! :laugh: :laugh:
    I will start the post so we can go ahead and get it going...:happy:
    Look for it... JUNE STARTERS...
  • Meags23
    Meags23 Posts: 98
    I'm excited about this!! It's an extra boost of motivation to know that someone out there is holding me accountable! haha. I don't know about a name though, I'm not too creative...

I wish this site had a "group" page, like on Facebook, and then we could all discuss there. But I guess a message board will do.

Workouts though, to change the subject, I love Turbo Jam!! I'm completely addicted!
  • Meags23
    Meags23 Posts: 98
    PS- which message board will we post in? Motivation?
  • kandyjo
    PS- which message board will we post in? Motivation?

The first one that I already posted is in the general diet and weight loss help!!
  • 135gratitude
    You're great Kandyjo - and gorgeous - that av pic is like a model!
This discussion has been closed.