My first weight loss try

Options
Hello everyone. I am Kamilla 32 years old i am a single mother for 2 girls age 15 and 13. This is my first weight loss atempt i thought about it for a few years but i am a slow starter. My weight today is 746 so it is a long road. I had an ordinary weight until i came in my 20's and specially after i got divorced at age 24 i start to gain a lot. The last 2 years i lost mutch of my mobility and developed a few illnesses as asthma,diabetes,fatliver. and bad kidneys. So it is time for me to do something and i know it wont be easy as i am a big food lover and comfort eater. Hope i hear from some of you.

Replies

• nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    Hi Kamilla! the road to weight loss can be tough but you came to the right place!! Welcome! and good luck on your journey :)
  • kamillathunder
    kamillathunder Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you very mutch
  • nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    no problem :) feel free to add me!
  • cyndist
    cyndist Posts: 43
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Kamilla. Just keep the positive thoughts (I need to practice what I preach) =) Some days will be harder than others but never give up. We shall prevail.
    Again welcome!
  • thinclo
    thinclo Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    hi, youve come to the right place this is a great site :) il send a friend invite your way!
  • horndame
    horndame Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here, too. Good luck with your journey. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like! Take care!
  • arnp2011
    arnp2011 Posts: 1
    Options
    You CAN do it. Start out slow and keep it steady, it is not an easy path. Baby steps all the way. Good luck to you. Seated exercises are a great way to get back into it with arm raises using soup cans or milk jugs, and seated leg lifts. Every movement counts.
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    Hi Kamilla Welcome to MFP! This journey will be hard but nothing worth having is easy to achieve i am sending you a friend request hope you accept it. The more people who are on the journey with you the easier it will feel.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think it's great that you want to lose weight. I am trying to lose weight because besides just needing to I need to set an example for my sons. My 12 year old is special needs and obsessed with foods. I can't tell him to do this or that if I am not willing to do the same thing. I have found this site to be a real eye opener in the amount of caories in food. The friend support has been nice too. I will send you a request and I wish you the best of luck. I want to say start slow and if you fall down brush the dirt off ya and get back up again. You can do this.
  • sfoster3171982
    sfoster3171982 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You can do this and this is a great start because it will keep you on track calorie wise. Your obviously gonna have to start with small movements and things like that but you can do it!!!!!!!!!!
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place :)! I can honestly say for myself, since using MFP this is the most positive I've ever felt in my 'weight loss struggle' from over the past few years. I'm learning how to eat better proportions, and that just the little bit of exercise can really aid in a lot. I've tried fad diets and even not eating for a day or couple days at a time - sure I lost a couple of pounds, but it always came back because it wasn't proper dieting. MFP keeps it simple, and it works :)! Best of luck on your journey!! xoxo
  • cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step! You're very lucky to have found My Fitness Pal. This place has plenty of tools to help you along the way. You'll probably have a lot of questions and the search feature under the Community tab will be very valuable. The support on this site is amazing. Best of luck to you and once again, congratulations on your decision to convert to a healthy lifestyle!
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be friends. I have about half of my body weight to lose, approx 150lbs so I am in this for the long haul. I'd love to motivate each other and get to know one another too. I am going to add you!
  • juliacjw
    juliacjw Posts: 2
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi, it won't be easy, but it will be rewarding. Just trying puts us in the driver's seat. Everyone here has to have support , and MFP is a great place to get it!:smile:
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Welcome to MFP....You will love it!!

Feel free to add me as a friend....I always love new friends on here!!

Best of luck and we are ALL here with you!!! :)
  • johnxmp
    johnxmp Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me for support, John
  • babyann79
    babyann79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey!! I will send you a friend request!!
  • ms_tris
    ms_tris Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Congratulations to you for taking that step. We all have our own unique journeys, but can help each other along the way. Best of luck to you. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • skinnieminniemouse
    Options
    I hope you do well with your journey :) good luck and stay positive, you are strong enough to do this :)
  • 0622cameron
    Options
    Hi Kamilla you can do this MFP is a great place for you start. My highest weight was 385 lbs now I am 280 feel free to add me as a friend!!!