My first weight loss try

Options

Replies

• xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP changed my life =) It's one of the best things that's ever happened to me (sometimes I joke that if it were a dude I'd leave my husband for it- haha) Good luck to you! You can do it =)

<3
  • shawnae2
    shawnae2 Posts: 105
    Options
    Awesome that you started here!! This is a great step!! Like everyone else said good luck and keep with it. This really does work and even when you have a bad day don't let it end up being a bad week. Start over tomorrow!! And remember that a little bit of movement is better then nothing!! Feel free to add me! Always love to give and recieve the extra encouragement!! Best of luck on your journey :)
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    welcome :)! Take it one day at a time. I can't say it 's easy but it's worth the effort.
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Like the others said, this is the place to be. I started at 212 and now i am 145. It was a few months before i found this site. We are all here for you. You can do it! I will add you. Good Luck:smile:
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    My first tip, get as many active MFP friends you can find. They're what keeps me and many others on here motivated. Also, if you feel like you're starting to fall off the wagon, post it on your wall and your MFP friends will help lift you up and get you back on track.
    Finally, WATER, WATER, WATER! You will learn to love it lol
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Hi! ~ All the best for your new life. MFP people are amazing and we will all provide you with motivation and support if you want~feel free to add me as a friend as I love "giving" it as much as I like "getting" it back! Own your journey girl and enjoy all that it has to offer! :smile:
  • sdm329
    sdm329 Posts: 57
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place and you will have a ton of support. Just remember to not beat yourself up when you slip. Feel free to add me and I'll give you as much encouragement and support as I can.
  • SweetPickle007
    Options
    Welcome...It won't be easy but you can do this..your children need you so do it for them...best wishes..and lets be friends.:flowerforyou:
  • overit75
    overit75 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and congratulations for taking this first step towards weight loss. Best of luck on your journey, you can do this!
  • cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options
    Hi!

You can do it! I'm throwing a friend request your way! I have a long way to go too to lose weight and I'll be happy to share the trip with you.
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    Just wanted to say good luck!!! The hardest step was the first one, you can do this!
    Add me if you like : )
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    This may sound weird, but look into a mirror each day or keep a small one by your side. This struggle will be tough. Right out loud at least once a day look into the mirror and say; I love you" to yourself and "I am worth it"! 75% of this life change will be a mental one. Our biggest obstacle is ourselves. No matter what happens in life you decide the outcome for yourself. We will always motivate you here but we will also use "tough love" principles of motivation when we need to. You can do this! You will definitely lose weight using MFP but you have to be diligent in what you log and never, ever cheat! Make your diary public so we can help motivate you to log each and everything you eat. Make sure you exercise too. Weight will come off but it doesn't stay off unless you change your metabolism with exercise so your body will burn the calories you consume. Sending you a friend request. Remember. Love yourself and you are worth it!

^^ This, You Can Do It!!!!!
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Oh Hunny - you sure have come to the right place - my friends on here are SO amazing, and motivating and they keep me going - along with my hubby and kids - I can do anything. You have haven the BIGGEST and most important step - the decision to actually DO something!! THAT is my motto: "Just Decide" Every single day, whether you are conscience of it or not - you wake up and make a series of very easy decisions (to get up, to go pee, to get dressed) to very difficult decisions (what to eat or what now to eat, how to parent your girls - and even harder ones that I can't pretend to know about) - the point is - you make decisions EVERYDAY - getting healthy, eating right and starting to move that body is just going to be another DAILY decision - one that you make every single day - even if you don't feel like it. The long and the short of it is this: Whether you think you CAN or you think you CAN'T... You're right!

I am excited to watch your progress - if you would like to add me as a friend, I promise to both hold you hand and kick your *kitten* toward your goal - but you have to do your part - you get to to do all the hard work, I promise to cheer you on as you do it! Because YOU CAN DO IT!!!

I have a feeling that YOU might be one of the BEST success Stories that MFP has EVER seen - make us proud, do it for YOU and YOUR kids... so ahead - change YOUR life :)
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    all the best on your weight loss journey, you will get the support and encouragement, good luck :happy:
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    This journey is long and hard, and mostly mental. But you're in the right place! If your heart is in this, you can achieve anything! Welcome to MFP! I'm sending a friend request your way!
  • realhousewife_windsor
    Options
    Welcome Kamilla, this is a great sites, everyone here is great. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • booklover942
    Options
    Hi and welcome! This is a great site! I have tried them all (Weight Watchers, Leanline and do it yourself) but the support you get from the community here is what makes MFP the best. I have never lost so much weight. Please add me, I am on everyday and know what it's like to be a comfort food junkie. :) Good Luck! I know you will reach your goals!
  • AFitJamie
    AFitJamie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi Kamilla,

To this long list of supporting comments, I would add my own encouragement and congratulations on taking the most significant of many steps to a healthier life.

While we each have different goals and challenges, we are all here learning how to be more intentional about our lives, and how much of our health and weight and fitness can be something we define as opposed to things that define us. Good luck on this journey - If you look around you will find a lot of people here who will have great advice - and yes, some who don't :) - but the good here far exceeds the bad and I hope you can find a space in this community and participate as we help each other along in life.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You've made the first step by logging on to MFP! You can totally do this. First of all, be sure to log in everything you eat or drink - seeing the food diary will help you make better food choices. Consider getting one of those little elliptical machines that you can do seated. Its low impact and will help you start moving. Its good cardio and completely doable! Best of luck to you - you'll get loads of support on this site! Sending you a friend request. People on here are great for motivation and support!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just want to echo all the others and tell you that you can find the best, most supportive, helpful friends on this site! :happy: