I hate water

Options
Does anyone have any water substitutions that would work almost as good as water, but taste better?
Thank you!

Replies

• HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    There's no sub for water, but you can add things like fresh fruit or those crystal light packets. The flavored water is good too. Ifyou're a soda fan you can even go for the flavored carbonated waters. Just make sure you log the flavorings and fruit because it does add to your calories and sodium.
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Try different flavor of teas and add a squeeze of lemon or orange or mint. (try for sugarless)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any water substitutions that would work almost as good as water, but taste better?
    Thank you!
    Drink whatever you want. Don't like plain water? Diet soda, non-diet soda, Crystal Lite, coffee, tea, juice, milk, sports drinks, beer... All hydrate you just about as effectively as water, the only downside is that some of them have calories you would have to account for. Hydration is all about FLUID, not about water.
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    my best suggestion is to force your way through a couple days of drinking at least 64oz of plain water a day. Once your body gets hydrated, you will actually start craving plain water. Don't know if it will work for you, but it did for me and now I love plain water. The only draw back is that I can't get through the night without getting up a couple times to go pee!
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Water's good - drink it carbonated,with a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime. Learn to love it, it's one of your best friends!
  • kpwatson
    kpwatson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just get tired of it ( water), so I add 1/4 cup of juice, any flavor per 16 oz of water to flavor it. If it still isn't sweet enough I might add a little stevia. My favorite is V8 splash. Cranberry is good too. Then when I get my eight glasses of water in, I also have a total of 1 glass of juice that I have to account for if I put it in each glass. Just remember to count the juice!
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    There have been a lot of people on here that dislike water. These are the things you can add to make it "taste" better, ~~cucumber , orange, lemon, lime, apple slices, & cranberries, You really will get used to liking water. I have an uncle who at the age of 66 had not drank more than probably 8 ozs his entire life because he detested it. He is now drinking it daily because he found out he had diabetes and now craves water! Good luck to you :smile:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    Black coffee
  • bfowler20
    bfowler20 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    my best suggestion is to force your way through a couple days of drinking at least 64oz of plain water a day. Once your body gets hydrated, you will actually start craving plain water. Don't know if it will work for you, but it did for me and now I love plain water. The only draw back is that I can't get through the night without getting up a couple times to go pee!

I have to say this actually works! I used to hate "plain water" but forced myself to drink it for a few days. I can't say that I "crave" it now, but it definitely got easier to get my daily intake. Sometimes I use some lemon juice to flavor it, I'm not a huge fan of the artificial sweetener found in the packets of flavoring! Also, I allow myself to drink other things (milk, the occasional soda) as long as I make sure I get my 64 oz of water each day...good luck!!
  • EjaWinter
    Options
    Have you tried hot water, not scalding, but hotter than warm? I tend to not like water that much, except if it is really cold as in almost ice, or if it is quite hot. Now I drink up to 12 glasses a day! Maybe this will work for you :)
  • kpwatson
    kpwatson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Caffiene will assist in dehydrating you. For every glass of something you drink with caffiene in it, you should add back that much to your total fluid content. That is coming from a physician.
  • Lost_Mermaid
    Options
    I dont like water either, but ive been trying to like it more lol. in the meantime, when im really sick of water i brew caffeine free green tea, 2 quarts at a time so it lasts awhile, and squeeze the juice of an orange into it, and add about 1/4 cup of stevia also. I put it in a pitcher in the fridge and when its cold i have my own healthy iced tea! its actually really tasty too!
  • rew1469
    rew1469 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was a former non-water drinker until I tried MIO and have been hooked ever since. I am going on week 14 without soda and coffeee.
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I add MIO flavors, drink iced tea and powerade ZERO in addition to water... These all have zero calories

Good Luck!
  • Zombierawr
    Zombierawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I started off drinking half propel zeros and half plain water. I've worked up to where I drink 1 propel if I am drinkin over 10 glasses a day (you need some sodium with that amount of water) or just 8 cups straight. You can do it!!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Caffiene will assist in dehydrating you. For every glass of something you drink with caffiene in it, you should add back that much to your total fluid content. That is coming from a physician.

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/drinking-enough-water-topic-overview

An extract from that article:
    Do you have to drink only water to stay hydrated?
    All liquids help you stay hydrated. Water is usually the best choice, because it’s free (if you’re drinking tap water) and has no sugar or calories. But most healthy people can get enough fluid through the beverages they consume every day. These can include water, fruit juices, coffee, sodas, iced tea, and other drinks.

Experts say that it's not true that beverages that have caffeine-such as coffee, tea, and cola drinks-always dehydrate you. Healthy people who consume moderate amounts of caffeine don't lose more fluid than people who don't have any caffeine.1 A moderate amount of caffeine is about 200 to 300 milligrams a day. That's about two to four 8-ounce cups of coffee.
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    OMG! STORY OF MY LIFE!

the issue is, I dont drink much of anything. Not a soda, coffee person either. I literally have to put reminders in my phones calendar to alert me to drink!

I do great during and after my workouts though-thats my saving grace.

I've just learned to drink as much as I can before I leave the house and at lunch, etc.

I got hip to the Mio water enchancer. (Next to crystal lite powders at the store). The orange flavor tastes like popsicles :) It's good and helps!

Hope that helps!

happy journey
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    My vote would be Bourbon. It tastes way better and makes you feel good.
  • PamelaGailJacobucci
    Options
    I used to hate water too, but I forced myself to drink it and now I like it. You can also add "True Orange" crystals. They are usually in the section with the other flavored drink crystals.
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I was a former non-water drinker until I tried MIO and have been hooked ever since. I am going on week 14 without soda and coffeee.

love orange mio!! fruit punch is good too!!

happy journey!