What are healthy choices at a Mex. restaurant?

13»

Replies

• LauraSkipper
    LauraSkipper Posts: 21 Member
    I love the chicken tacos with grilled chicken and a guacamole salad on the side! Delicious! My problem is the chips and salsa they serve before the the meal.... I eat way to much! :noway:
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    I go for the chicken fajitas because I like them. People people people ..it's about the calories. fat does not make you fat. carbs do not make you fat..eating more calories than you use makes you fat..eat what you want and log it..just try not to go over. I log it from my phone while deciding, to see the best choices.. the MFP food database is massive !!

Fat has a higher calorie rate so ya fat does make you fat LOL
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    I love the chicken tacos with grilled chicken and a guacamole salad on the side! Delicious! My problem is the chips and salsa they serve before the the meal.... I eat way to much! :noway:

Ok a whole avacado is 250 calories i would be careful with gauc.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 839 Member
    My new favorite is avocado tostada. It's really delicious and not full of cheese and other fattening no-nos.
  • microMXL
    microMXL Posts: 51
    carne asada tacos (corn tortilla)
    chicken grilled tacos (corn tortilla)
    pico de gallo (some guys call it salsa bandera)
    stay away from sour cream, grilled cheese and stay away from pozole and menudo
    if they have it ask for "Frijoles charros"
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    yep fajitas.... then pick your healthy toppings. avoid yummy chips (sigh). also grilled fish or chicken tacos are a good bet (on soft corn tortilla).
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,412 Member
    NO rice or cheesy sauces, go easy on the chips. Order a light meal, like 1 chalupa or 2 tacos. You will be fine.
  • 4stephklug
    4stephklug Posts: 86 Member
    Wow, you guys are fast. By the time my comment went in, 10 more responses. Why stay away from the rice?

it's fried!!

Fried rice at a Mexican restaurant? Is this real life?
    This made me laugh! I ask this all the time, thanks to David. I didn't think it was fried either. :/
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    I've heard fish tacos but I don't like fish.

I would get chicken fajitas.
  • HayleeWho1122
    HayleeWho1122 Posts: 57 Member
    chile reano..... (idk how to spell it)
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    i get the taco salad no shell with shredded chicken