Never thought I'd buy "that"!

Options
Meg_78
Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
What is something that you have purchased now that you never imagined you would prior to beginning your health journey? Aside from the sports bras and protein powder, cute workout clothing and a HRM which are all things I would have scoffed at a month ago. The thing that really made me laugh a little at myself and realize how much I have changed was when I went in and bought weight lifting gloves to protect my hands. It made me think "who is this girl?"

What was yours?

Replies

• zooblflot
    zooblflot Posts: 131
    Options
    A kitchen scale to weigh my food.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    A size 10 pair of shorts that fit!

Also, never thought I'd buy peanut butter again (especially to up my calories when I don't have enough :P)
  • sting5
    sting5 Posts: 408
    Options
    wheat grass...which I eventually threw away because I couldn't figure out what to do with it :)
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I haven't as of "yet", but I am buying 2 tattoos! Not really a material "thing", but not something I would ever have thought I would buy or get done at the age of 42! :bigsmile: Losing weight has boosted my confidence to do something "different" for once in my life!..LOL
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    leggings. never thought i'd be confident enough in my butt or legs to wear them, but i LOVE them. oh, and so does the hubs... :wink:
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I haven't as of "yet", but I am buying 2 tattoos! Not really a material "thing", but not something I would ever have thought I would buy or get done at the age of 42! :bigsmile: Losing weight has boosted my confidence to do something "different" for once in my life!..LOL

Me too confidence makes you do things you never thought were possible, another of mine was scuba diving.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    But actually bought recently. Fish oils and multi vits. Never thought I needed them but now I realise I do.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    A kitchen scale to weigh my food.

Ditto- A digital kitchen scale.
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Probably a pear as a snack. My BF and I went to the store for "a snack", he left with a bag of cookies and I left with a single pear. I noted how silly it was because once upon a time I would have gotten cookies too or chips.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ I had to laugh at this thread ... only because I had one of these moments about a " month " ago ... BUT, I am sooooooo not posting what that item(s) was !!!!! Sorry, but this just brought back some awesome memories and now I can't stop smiling !!!

Thank you !!!! :flowerforyou: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • polrbear
    polrbear Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Not so much what I buy, but the other day the words, "I have to get to Scheels" came out of my mouth. Huh? Never imagined ever saying those words in a sentence. Oh, and spinach. I eat lots and lots of spinach.
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    HRM, a treadmill, a gym membership, a scale to weigh my food...the biggest shock though would have to be the bee pollen, lol. You would never have convinced me before that I would be eating bee pollen, but I do! lol
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    A size 10 pair of shorts that fit!

Also, never thought I'd buy peanut butter again (especially to up my calories when I don't have enough :P)

The size 10 is me too! Peanut butter I have every other morning on toast for breakfast.
    Oh, and the kitchen scale.
    Off the shoulder shirt, now that I have collar bones to show off.

The biggest one (so to speak) Skinny Jeans and a pair of Jeggins:heart:
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options

Me too confidence makes you do things you never thought were possible, another of mine was scuba diving.
    Ohhhh, I would so look like a sausage stuffed in one of those wet suits!...LOL. Who knows what I will try next though :devil: :bigsmile:
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Protein powder! Ita part of my daily goals now, if I don't have it (like today) I miss it
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    LOL ---- Jillian Michael's DVDs
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    the shirt i am wearing in the picture .. i am a t-shirt gal and never thought i would buy a shirt like that ..
    i was only trying the shirt on, in the picture.. i plan to wear it for my b-day ( Aug 1st) hoping my belly doesn't poke out so much then

but that shirt is really cute
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    spinach in bulk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    * A bathing suit I felt confident in
    * Anything in a Size 4, but especially an off-the-shoulder hugs-my-curves dress
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    1-ripped jeans (6 sizes smaller than began)
    2-Bicycle shorts