If Insanity is Not Appropriate for Obese People....

Options
1235»

Replies

• maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    If it sounds like something you would enjoy, go ahead and try it. I haven't done it, but I did get through 30 Day Shred while I was 100 pounds overweight--and lost quite a bit of weight while I was doing it. You might need to modify some stuff...in particular high impact exercises. If you aren't willing to put out the money for Insanity...if I remember right it's a little expensive, then maybe try one of Jillian Michael's DVDs. They are hard, but you really feel like you are getting a workout.
  • pixiesgreene
    pixiesgreene Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've seen Jillian Michaels mentioned a bit, just wanted to add that if 30 Day Shred is too much to start with, she has one called Jillian Michaels for Beginners that almost never gets mentioned. It's easier than her other videos but a good intro to her style.

Also good is that you don't need any equipment that I can remember... I think she had you doing exercises off a couch or chair, like dips and so on.

Tbh I only did it a few times before I retired it because it wasn't getting me out of breath enough, but I think it would be a very good option for absolute beginners at working out or those with a lot to lose!
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    if you are seeking to do a beach body program, I did try the power 90 (not p90x)dvs which I could do being a beginner
    and also 100 lbs over weight.

I also love the Leslie Sansone walking dvds they are great for when the weather is awful outside.
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I like Leslie Sansone walking dvd's....low impact and I always have a high calorie burn.
  • misskaela206
    Options
    I like the P.I.N.K. Method, starts out for beginners and over the course of 9 weeks will bump you up to near Insanity or similar level.
  • splashtree2
    Options
    I am going to start the Walking at Home, the 5 miles. I havent gotten it yet, just been walking outside. I did use the biggest loser cardio max and I liked it, never made it past the first level, that was last year.

insanity is ok for notmore thsn 3 moths i did it strenght result great,.shape great,.fat lowered in.a bit but damage to the heart.....?
    A bit, is for a kind of athete and fitnesd that gies trough weight lifting before to do it!