I said good bye to Facebook and said hello to MFP!

Options
2»

Replies

• shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Deactivated my FB in August 2011. The drama was getting ridiculous. Plus, when I really thought about it. Why as a society are we so interested in wanting to see another's status update? I know people who are so addicted to that site where their lives have become stagnant because that's the reality they see instead of the true reality outside their door (and within their door as well). I want to rule my own world, not have a computer ruling it. LIVE LIFE, it's the only one ya got!!!!
  • nursedb
    nursedb Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Deactivated my FB in August 2011. The drama was getting ridiculous. Plus, when I really thought about it. Why as a society are we so interested in wanting to see another's status update? I know people who are so addicted to that site where their lives have become stagnant because that's the reality they see instead of the true reality outside their door (and within their door as well). I want to rule my own world, not have a computer ruling it. LIVE LIFE, it's the only one ya got!!!!
    EXACTLY...wanting to LIVE LIFE is the exact reason to be here instead of fb...well said!!!
  • ConcordPhil
    ConcordPhil Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    FB is evil. You think it is free but you are really selling your privacy. Nothing is free. Are you the customer or the product?

Good insight... I especially like "Are you the customer or the product?". Just be aware that all social websites (even mfp) sell your data (although maybe not to the extent that FB does).
  • mrsfurby14
    mrsfurby14 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    The drama comes from friends and family on there. I like this site way better anyways. Thanks for all the posts so far. I sure don't miss it and its going on a week. YAY me!