Weird food combinations you love?

Options
We had a dream grilled cheese sandwich thread and a peanut butter and cheese combination thread which both yielded some interesting results.

What are you favorite strange food combinations?

I mentioned before that I love peanut butter and barbeque chip sandiwches.
I also love plain regular chips with raspberry jam (the kind with seeds) and pasta with green peas, soy sauce and...brown sugar. Don't ask.

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches. on white bread. Probably one of the least healthy things I could eat, so I don't very often, but yummmmmmm
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    toasted pumpernickel bread, smashed avocado, and kim (korean seaweed seasoned with sesame oil and salt). oh my word.
  • CollisionofNova
    Options
    peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches. on white bread. Probably one of the least healthy things I could eat, so I don't very often, but yummmmmmm

I think I knew someone who did this. She also added a small amount of black pepper to it....?
  • Mazzyx
    Mazzyx Posts: 131
    Options
    Ooo some weird combos here! Love it! :laugh:
    I love cheese and chocolate together and chips dipped in ice cream or dipped in chocolate mousse or milkshake!! Haha very unhealthy but so nice :happy:
    xx
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Jam (Jelly if you are in the US) and cheese sandwiches.

I also like corned beef and beetroot sandwiches.

Tinned Heinz ravioli, tinned marrowfat peas topped with cheese.
  • Benson19
    Benson19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Toast with mozzarella cheese and raspberry jam (I don't think it is soo bad but I get weird looks)

Cheerios and yogurt (let it sit for a bit and the Cheerios get all mushy, LOVE IT!)

Carrots dipped in peanut butter (Yumm!)
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Not weird combo, but lately I wanna eat pickled hot pepper rings on everything! LOL

Oh wait, I used to love cheezewhiz and pickle sandwiches!
  • tpd56
    tpd56 Posts: 6
    Options
    carrots and peanut butter... yum!
  • CollisionofNova
    Options
    Oh! Carrots and peanut butter sound awesome.

I like them with ketchup.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Fish fingers and custard (well, vanilla pudding since nobody sells custard here). My boyfriend and I had it a few weeks ago (it's a Doctor Who reference, don't worry if you don't understand, haha) and were expecting it to be gross. It was AWESOME and we ended up eating the leftovers the next day! Definitely the most surprising thing I've liked!
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Frank's hot sauce on cauliflour. SO GOOD, TRY NOW! :)
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and potato chips or French frys. If I don't have them, I'll put salt on my ice cream. Yummy
  • kitiarascott
    kitiarascott Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i love ketchup on my eggs, and vinegar on my poutine (dont eat that anymore though haha) which i both think are amazing but my boyfriend tells me its weird lol.
  • shortie555
    shortie555 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i think i have a lot of them! pickles and almond butter sandwiches, popcorn and hummus (slash hummus with nearly everything i like), greek yogurt, cereal and peanut butter all mushed together.
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Egg on top of rice with avacado and banana. My Cuban mother in law calls this poor people food...I call it heaven!!!
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and lettuce sandwiches are apparently strange. How that's so different from peanut butter and celery I don't know, but it gets strange looks.
  • cgray
    cgray Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I eat grilled cheese, peanut butter & pickle sandwiches.
    Pop-tart & peanut butter.
  • AMdreams7
    AMdreams7 Posts: 46
    Options

^^^ YES!!!! This odd combo has been passed down from my grandpa to my mom to me. I prefer it on a Ritz cracker with a sweet pickle on top. So ridiculously unhealthy, but tastes delicious!
  • AMdreams7
    AMdreams7 Posts: 46
    Options
    Peanut butter and turkey (deli meat) sandwich.
  • Val_91
    Val_91 Posts: 36
    Options
    So unhealthy and I don't eat it all that often but: French fries, ketchup and mayo

I also like french fries and chocolate shakes, but only if it's from Culvers. And growing up we'd crush saltines over our ice cream and mix it in.

My mom likes egg sandwiches with jelly. I don't find that as weird as the sausage (the kind you eat with cheese and crackers) and peanut butter sandwiches, though.