Single ladies (single girls AND girls in relationships).

Options
Do you all ever catch yourself looking at wedding stuff online and start planning a little in your head? A lot of my friends say they do or did, but I want to see if that's true everywhere. I just like looking at the rings, the dresses, the cakes, and the honeymoons (the fun and important things). I could just be crazy though.

Replies

• Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend hasn't proposed yet but when I fly back to see my mom this Summer I'm picking out our wedding venue. lol
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    no lol. I just want to elope though.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I eloped, married 10 years, wouldnt' change a thing, but I still get a little bit of wedding fever if someone I know is getting married or I watch wedding tv shows.

I was *thisclose* to planning a vow renewal, but decided to just have a kickass Halloween party instead.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Not me....Not sure why either....I am 37 and never been married...Came close a couple of times though - way in the past....I am pretty sure that I am more like a man b/c I have issues with commitment I think...Not sure what is wrong with me b/c I am not like most girls/women who love all of the wedding stuff - never have been - Maybe that is why I have also never been married. I am not opposed to maybe getting married someday but I would just go to the Justice of the Peace or something like that. :)
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend hasn't proposed yet but when I fly back to see my mom this Summer I'm picking out our wedding venue. lol
    Well, it's like this....men love being married, we really do. We just hate the process of getting married. Women seem to love all the planning and ceremony etcetera, but if any one topic seems to last longer than a football game we lose interest in it very quickly. Marriage yes by all means. My wife is my best friend and I would never want another. But truthfully, I could have done without the headache of planning, the ceremony, the enormous expense. MOST men would just as soon hit a J.O.P, a good party with friends and family,(with no drawn out speeches and long sit down meal), then off to a good expensive lengthy honeymoon trip. Ahhh...It's nice to have a penis and be immature until we die. By the way, if any men answer and say they absolutely love planning weddings and ceremony I would wager they are gay or lying on here for some attention....keeping it real!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    My sister just got married last summer, so I've had a bit of the wedding bug! We've been talking for years about what we'd do, but I haven't set any definite plans. LOL!

I even designed my engagement ring. Not that he's asked... :laugh:
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend said he never wants to get married. I don't want to get married YET but I do eventually. We're still young so i know he may or may not change his mind :) but I find myself looking at wedding stuff very often :tongue:
  • Ohjeezitskim
    Ohjeezitskim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Yeah.. I'm guilty lol
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I'll be married four years this summer and I still window shop wedding stuff. Hehe I also window shop baby stuff, even though we aren't going to start trying for another year. I think its just a girl's mentality....
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Nah, marriage is kind of scary to me, so I try not to think about it yet...:embarassed:
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Ive never really been one of those girls that gets wedding fever. Having said that I can feel myself getting caught up in the flood as this year alot of my friends are getting married and I do think of what I would want having said that, I cant picture it lol. My friends wedding last weekend was beautiful though and we had a great time. Maybe one day that will be me... Not holding my beath though. You have to actually commit to someone first... There is my problem lol xx
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say "planning" as we're not engaged yet. I look at wedding stuff if it's there though, I think about it fairly often, and if I walk past a wedding dress shop I'll have a look (did this just the other day with my bf) "ooh I like that one" etc etc
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I have done that before a little... This is embarrassing but I use to watch different marriage proposals alot on YouTube. Lol
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Well, it's like this....men love being married, we really do. We just hate the process of getting married. Women seem to love all the planning and ceremony etcetera, but if any one topic seems to last longer than a football game we lose interest in it very quickly. Marriage yes by all means. My wife is my best friend and I would never want another. But truthfully, I could have done without the headache of planning, the ceremony, the enormous expense. MOST men would just as soon hit a J.O.P, a good party with friends and family,(with no drawn out speeches and long sit down meal), then off to a good expensive lengthy honeymoon trip. Ahhh...It's nice to have a penis and be immature until we die. By the way, if any men answer and say they absolutely love planning weddings and ceremony I would wager they are gay or lying on here for some attention....keeping it real!

I feel the same way about weddings and I am a woman. I don't understand why getting married has to be like putting on a show. I want to just go somewhere and get it done and maybe have a reception later on to celebrate.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I do, but it doesn't match what I'd really do if it were me. I think if I ever did get married, it would be a very small affair with just my parents. I've even thought it might be romantic to do a justice of the peace situation.

I admit that I have a Pinterest wedding board. I think I just like looking at the creative design aspect of it, though. I could never stomach the idea of spending a ridiculous amount on one day.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I'm single and I have a wedding song picked out and the colors of dresses I want!
  • ThisisMiss
    ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am kind of engaged (we've been in separate countries for over a year now due to visa complications so he proposed over Skype). I knew we'd get married ever since we first met, but I've been planning my wedding long before that. I've even contacted people about getting my dress custom-made.
  • annafonte
    annafonte Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i do want to get married but i dont really look online or think about the wedding too much. although, i have thought about the colours of my wedding though but thats about it, oh, and what kind of wedding dress
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I've never cared about getting married. Come to think of it, I don't know anything about my own parents' wedding and haven't actually ever seen pictures (despite the fact they were married nearly 30 years and just got divorced last year). My parents actually were kind of anti-me-getting-married; it was always, "you can do whatever you want with your life, do something amazing." Even now, my boyfriend and I have been together nine years, and while we consider it a given that we'll sign the papers at some point, neither of us wants the whole wedding thing. We figure we'll sign the papers at the courthouse and have a bit of a party for family and friends (probably at home).

I guess I just don't get why it's such a big deal. It seems like such a tiny part of what will be (at least you hope) a lifelong relationship.
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I like looking at engagement rings, and I want to get married on the beach (his parents house/ the house he grew up in is literally across the street from the beach!). That's about as far as I've gone with that. I know the very few select people I absolutely 100% want to be there when I get married, but other than that I really don't care about it much. I don't swoon over dresses or anything like that. I know that I wouldn't want to spend tons of money on a lavish ceremony though, it seems kind of like a waste to me... I would rather put that money towards buying a house!