me and men...the worst luck EVER

Options
FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
i was dating a seemingly wonderful man. flowers teddy bears sweetness all around and i knew that would taper off which would be ok. instead it drove off a cliff and i started to get one word texts from him(or hurried texts with missing words) he stopped calling and didnt want me to call him like we did in the beginning, soooo knowing the last time it happened i got cheated on i beat him to the punch and suggested we break up. he had to 'think' about it-now if he were true blue there would be no thinking about it it woulda been an immediate im sorry i hurt you i will do anything to make you happy-he wouldnt confront the issue that he was pushing me away, igoring me if you will. and i happened to notice he unfriended me on afcebook, and this is apparently the new high school minded break up. so i neeeded closure and got a half butt apology saying i cant do this im sorry i wanna be alone...,so my response was i knew all along when you stopped telling me you love me...thank god it wasnt a long one it almost hit 6 months. i have really really really REALLY bad luck with guys. Now I find it kinda funny. im very carrie bradshaw. she could never catch a break with the losers she found. heres a toast to me br\eing single for the who knows how many time????:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Maybe sidney Crosby woiuld like to go for coffee?????

Replies

• pooh70
    pooh70 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that, hope to never have to deal with it again. The last three guys I have dated have all been great in the begining and then the do a complete 180 and drop off the face of the earth. Why do men not realize that if it isn't working all they have to do is tell us, don't ignore us, stop calling, or come up with reasons they can't go out. Relationships end, that is life, we will survive.

Welcome back to the single world! :drinker: Here is to hoping the next men we meet are grown up enough to appreciate the awesome women we are, and if they can't then it is bye bye to them. :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Sorry that happened to you, dating sucks! :ohwell:

Better luck in the future. :flowerforyou:
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Ha.... I'm divorcing my husband of almost 2 years. Been together 7. Apparently he wants to live the married single life. He has girlfriends.

His loss, not mine. Don't hate the guy, feel sorry for him.

I WILL survive. :smile:
  • nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I had something simular happen to me about 6 weeks ago. This dude was slick a real womenizer. He was good at every lie, but what he didnt know is I had seen it all. I knew what was going on, he had found someone else. Poor girl who would let this loser move in and mooch offf her untill his next victom was found ( i wouldnt let him move in). Thank god for our broken hearts! Each time we learn something new and we learn how to see the signs. I hope things get better for you!!! Remember that finding Mister Right is a numbers game. Its very hard to not hold back because of fear that we will get hurt but its truly sooo healthy for us!!
  • sinisme
    sinisme Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Men can be selfish jerks sometimes! Sorry you are going through this.. but i will have a drink with you .... :drinker: here's to finding your mr. right. :wink:
  • strongandfit
    strongandfit Posts: 231
    Options
    Ouch. :cry: He unfriended you on Facebook. Facebook is so unfriendly when used that way. So glad I'm not on there. All I can say is that if you watched SATC, an episode mentioned "He's Just Not That Into You." He's not a jerk. You're not unworthy. The two of you are not right for each other. Not meant to be. Someone out there is your match. And the farther you are from this last guy, the closer you are to The One.

You'll get through this. And may you find The One. :heart:
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Hang in there, glad you were smart enough not to let him move in. Unforunately there's a lot of *sses out there. take it slow next time I found that helps weed out the jerks. If they don't get what they want right off the bat they take off sooner. Take heart, there are great guys out there.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    thank you guys sooo much. Im doing my best to move on but after the cheater then him im having that doomed feeling and as much as i hate to admit its hitting me hard i do miss him in the beginning then i flash forward to the one word texts and i get angry but oh well they say time will help. I just want my appetite back!!!!!
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    FitJoani wrote: »
    Maybe sidney Crosby woiuld like to go for coffee?????

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.gif
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    The passive aggressive breakup is a learned skill for guys. It's a lot easier than dealing with the insanity that is demonstrated by a lot of women with a more direct breakup.
    44irg7lmwoof.jpg
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Today I learned that the MFP forums have been around since at least 2009... thanks for resurrecting this thread.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    There's no good way to break up with someone. I'd rather get dumped than do the dumping any day.
  • jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I was in a long distance with a guy for a while... he didn't even break up with me, he changed his status as being in relationship with someone else on Facebook. See, that's class move.

p.s. I used to compare myself with Carrie Bradshaw, but rewatch the series again and again like I have and you will see it's actually her problem all along. Aden was perfect for her, but she wanted the toxic one, mr. Big. Her fault really.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I still had hair back in 2000 aught nine.
  • Simplifi
    Simplifi Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    jen_bush wrote: »
    I was in a long distance with a guy for a while... he didn't even break up with me, he changed his status as being in relationship with someone else on Facebook. See, that's class move.

p.s. I used to compare myself with Carrie Bradshaw, but rewatch the series again and again like I have and you will see it's actually her problem all along. Aden was perfect for her, but she wanted the toxic one, mr. Big. Her fault really.

Some people are such cowards.