Bacon Lovers Support Group

Options
I'll be the first to confess, I ate three slices today.....I refuse to count it as a cheat day OR feel guilty about it.

Of course, everything in moderation. I certainly will not be doing this every day....or even every week for that matter.

Who else is with me?

Replies

• torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I had a bacon and egg sandwich for breakfast this morning. It fitted within my calorie limit for the day so I feel no guilt :-)
  • reitapita
    Options
    I'm with you. I'm a terrible bacon addict. I could eat a whole pack by myself everyday. I love it that much. And I put bacon bits on all my veggies. I need support to
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I follow the Primal Blueprint... Bacon is a mainstay for me. I buy organic, uncured, unsalted, and stick to the 2 slice serving size, but I have it all the time. Primal/Paleo folks LOVE bacon - "It's like meat candy!"

As a matter of fact, I often cook my veggies in bacon fat. Yeah, you read that right. And check out my ticker if you're wondering if that's been detrimental to my weight loss. :)
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Um, I eat 3 slices of bacon every Saturday AND Sunday. They're part of my pre-workout breakfast. I don't even consider this a confession. It's a proclamation. :happy:
  • Thad81
    Thad81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I eat more bacon than I should because it is good. I am trying to cut back though ;-)
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    BACON!!!!!!

If I were to associate bacon with guilt I would have to O.D. on anti-depressants.
  • LENAhall
    LENAhall Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    pilgrim's pride makes a chicken bacon that is reeeeeal close to pork bacon. the texture and greasy yumminess is much better than turkey bacon :) and there are only 45 calories per slice!!
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Everything is better with bacon!
  • 2wiceOver
    2wiceOver Posts: 38
    Options
    Oscar Mayer fully cooked Bacon strips. 3 for 75 Cal's.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My 14 year old son made candied bacon a few nights ago. I grabbed a couple of slices before he got it to it and had a bacon, egg, cheese, tomato sandwich. I stayed within my calories. :bigsmile:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Why would you need a cheat day for 3 slices of bacon?
  • KMAMinx13
    KMAMinx13 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    MMMMM.....Bacon!!! "The Maple Kind?" :tongue:
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Why would you need a cheat day for 3 slices of bacon?

Each slice was actually a whole pig
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Definitely a supporter. Bacon is a FOOD GROUP.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'll be the first to confess, I ate three slices today.....I refuse to count it as a cheat day OR feel guilty about it.

Of course, everything in moderation. I certainly will not be doing this every day....or even every week for that matter.

Who else is with me?

I eat a slice or two almost every day with my breakfast. it's delicious and fits into my calories. I feel no guilt! :happy:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Bacon is calorie free.:devil:
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I had bacon for dessert last night. Did a lot of working out and wasn't hitting my calorie goal, so I ate a nice clump of thin, lower sodium bacon. YUMMMM!
  • Gestahl
    Gestahl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I was... but then I had to stop, because my wife can't stand the smell of it! :sad:
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I certainly am. I had home made strawberry shortcake last night. It was so worth it too.

Just a FYI...bacon is zero calories Sundays between 12am and 1159pm, try to eat it on those days instead :)
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with bacon whether you're trying to gain or lose.