inner thighs?

Options
what sorta exercise do i do to make my thighs not touch at the top?

Replies

• MzFreeSpirited
    Options
    this is my most hated part of my body. today i bought the ten minute solution - to tone thighs, butt, and abs.. it came with resistant bands. i looked up to more exercises on youtube to use with the bands. look on youtube. there were a lot if exercises to use with the bands.. hope this helps.. i just started today with target training for my thighs so im not to familiar with what the names the exercises yet. i just did a lot of research on youtube.. also i heard yoga works wonders too ;)
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. You must lose fat.... all over. And if your genetics so dictate - then your thighs will no longer touch. It's ALL about diet.
  • MzFreeSpirited
    Options
    and its about toning exercise as well --- i dont agree with yr post.. not at all..
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Yup can't spot reduce unfortunately. Just eat at a moderate calorie deficit, adequate protein and fats, lift weights, and give it time.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Err lay on your side then left one leg in the air, make sure to keep it straight.
    Roll over, do other side...

Wait thats the outside...

err

lay down with your legs in a scissor pattern and lift the lower leg in the air?

also some gyms have ultra-sexy-time machines where you start with your legs split apart
    and you squeeze them together.

i think this works that there muscle.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    and its about toning exercise as well --- i dont agree with yr post.. not at all..

And I don't agree with yours.

How does one "tone" an area? They lose the fat around it revealing the muscle. This is done through losing weight = calorie deficit.
  • Brittanyy11
    Options
    I not sure how to post a picture on this so ill just link it... http://indulgy.com/post/LriBjT13E1/inner-thigh-gap
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to spot reduce. I'd LOVE to get rid of my inner thighs and my stomach.
  • jessicataylor2
    Options
    The number one thing to do is just lots of cardio and healthy eating to reduce the fat all over. Toning exercises are also good because they build muscle there and muscle makes you burn more calories. I usually just youtube inner thigh workouts. I like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT4UlsoQchY
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Err lay on your side then left one leg in the air, make sure to keep it straight.

err

also some gyms have ultra-sexy-time machines where you start with your legs split apart

:laugh:

This is why I avoid THAT machine at the gym.
  • MzFreeSpirited
    Options

And I don't agree with yours.

How does one "tone" an area? They lose the fat around it revealing the muscle. This is done through losing weight = calorie deficit.

:) Ok-- ;) u know what your talking about. ;) i agree with you completely but its not JUST through diet. its through exercise as well -- thats my point.. ;)

Original poster -- you can focus on building lean muscle in targeted areas,, that's why there is a such thing as targeted exercises -- ie. bicep curls, squats, lunges, etc..
  • MzFreeSpirited
    Options
    The number one thing to do is just lots of cardio and healthy eating to reduce the fat all over. Toning exercises are also good because they build muscle there and muscle makes you burn more calories. I usually just youtube inner thigh workouts. I like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT4UlsoQchY

I agree 100% -- u said it better than i did.. my point exactly )
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. If you want them not to touch, you have to lose weight all over. My thighs don't touch when I weigh under 125 but it's different for everyone, it depends on how your body is built.
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Walking will tone up your legs. I've been walking and the exact area you're asking about is shrinking. I can walk without them rubbing and irritating me now.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    what sorta exercise do i do to make my thighs not touch at the top?

Why? Are you getting crotch blisters, or wanting to improve aerodynamics or something?
  • twiztid_princess
    Options
    no you can't spot reduce.. but you can help with muscle of a certain area and that will help with the look...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    You CANNOT spot reduce any area of the body with exercise.

You don't really build muscle on calorie deficit.

You don't "tone" muscle just by doing a few leg exercises.

Consider working out consistently, staying in consistent calorie deficit, and being patient. If your genetics allow it, your inner thighs will slim down to where you want. If not, then you do the best with what nature gave you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options

err

:laugh:

This is why I avoid THAT machine at the gym.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I LOVE that machine, but I make sure not to make eye contact with anyone when I'm using it.
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    A healthy nutrition plan, adequate cardio and lifting will help shape and mold your muscles a calorie deficit will help with the fat. BUT, genetics are a major dictator. Some people have hips that make the legs rotate more inwards in the socket and no matter how much they lose their thighs will always touch,this is me. Others are made with so their legs rotate more towards the outer part of the hip to create a gap. Work on being the healthiest that you can be and see what happens. Good luck to you.
  • gfuller46
    gfuller46 Posts: 20
    Options
    I agree, walking helps alot. I was facing the same problem area and the more I walked the more that area became toned and disappeared.