I blew it! So mad at myself

Options
13»

Replies

• kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I hear ya.....I've been doing mfp since february, and only lost 1 pound....I've been at my goal weight, drink lots of water and even go to the gym and i've actually given up....though, you have lost 35 pounds, one cheat day isn't a big deal......try dieting and exercising for over a month and not lose anything...=(

Im no expert but do you lift heavy weights? just by reading these forums I hear some ppl say that if they are lifting heavy they dont see the scale move but if they measure themselves they see a big difference.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Well if you went over your cals , yeah you blew it for today. It sounds like you learned your lesson. Remember how you feel now the next time you want to gorge yourself, if that's what you really did!
    Everyone says tomorrow is a new day, well yes it is but only if you did learn from your mistake and you don't repeat it again....tomorrow.
    Drink a lot of water to wash that sodium out of your system, go for a walk or do whatever exercise you do.
    It's OK to eat what you want once in a while. If you don't you are on a DIET. This is not a diet, it's a lifestyle. You'll be fine.
    Do better tonight and tomorrow. Good luck and <hugs>.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    We all go over sometimes. Dr. Oz promotes a "shock" day. Don't beat yourself up. I went over by 39 calories today, you know what???big whoop. I will make up for it tomorrow.
  • gades772
    gades772 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    DO NOT WORRY!!! Just let it go, say thanks for the meal and get back on the exercise and healthy eating. One meal is not a big deal .... Give yourself a big hug and tomorrow will be another day :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. You are still within your cals for the day. What exactly are you feeling bad about?
  • blondie_girl14
    blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    dont beat yourself up, we all slip up, ****....i had calzone last night lol....but today I did phenomenal! it happens, we're human!
    ps. chinese food has a lot of salt, so if u saw weight gain it might be from the salt :wink:
  • AssembledIncorrectly
    AssembledIncorrectly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    At least you didn't shove your face with a BigMac Large fry and soda...
  • uniqsol
    uniqsol Posts: 36
    Options
    I think several people had great points!
    It's only one day.
    There are few worse things you can eat from a Chinese restaurant.
    You've made wonderful strides already!
    Think about eating healthfully, not necessarily "diet food", to better maintain good habits once weight loss is achieved.
    You could count the calories & spread things over the next few days to "recoup" from it. You can learn how hard it is to undo things this way.

Everyone falls off once in awhile. It's your next actions that will make a difference to where you go on your path.
    Props to you for having the dedication to get healthy! :smile:
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    You ARE allowed to eat chinese food. The difference now, is that you KNOW how to not eat it tomorrow, and you KNOW how to work it into your diary. You are human, you ARE allowed to enjoy food once in a while, and stay on the wagon the next day. Don't be so hard on yourself.
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You didn't blow it! You made a choice to eat something you wanted to eat. Did you enjoy it? I certainly hope so! If not, don't do it again! The only way you blow something is to eat something that you don't enjoy. Other than that, you make choices that you live with. You are living, after all, not just existing. If you don't eat what you enjoy (within reason) you'll end up blowing it over the long haul. What you did does NOT qualify as "blowing it." Carry on. :-)
  • ashlysnd
    ashlysnd Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    blew it? pshhhh, i define that phrase as something other than a 320 calorie chicken and broccoli (from your diary). You didnt even exceed your calorie goal for goodness sake. Dont beat yourself up. You are doing great.
  • bryansaums
    bryansaums Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Let it go...we're all failable human beings...this is the bane and delight of our lives. Enjoy the cheating and get back on the wagon soon. Be safe; be well...
  • FILLE
    FILLE Posts: 45
    Options
    Get up, go to the mirror, and apologize to yourself. Tell yourself thank you for the apology, hug it out, and move on.

Blowing it with yourself should be no different that blowing it with your friends or family. When it happens, you apologize, accept the apology, and move on.

You'll do great tomorrow...it's a slip on the ice, not Dec 21, 2012.

love this... thanks for sharing.
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    depending where it is from that could actually be a really healthy meal! Not all chinese food is bad for you.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I'm confused about why you're mad at yourself. Did you go over your calories? If not, what's the big deal?
  • abunt
    abunt Posts: 9
    Options
    Get up, go to the mirror, and apologize to yourself. Tell yourself thank you for the apology, hug it out, and move on.

Blowing it with yourself should be no different that blowing it with your friends or family. When it happens, you apologize, accept the apology, and move on.

You'll do great tomorrow...it's a slip on the ice, not Dec 21, 2012.

great advice! I'm taking it for myself as well as when I blow it I feel horrible!!!
    my advice(which I need to listen to as well lol) is we all have short comings, look at all the hard work you have put in and try not to dwell on the short comings.
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    No problem with venting!!! If you feel horrible about chinese chicken and brocolli, I will not EVEN tell you what I've eaten over the last few days.

Brush it off, and I hope you enjoyed it. You could have done MUCH worse!!!

Best.
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Dear, everyone needs a cheat day every now and then! I've had 2 in the past month and I've actually lost weight faster! you'r body ends up becoming used to burning the cals and it jump starts your metabolism!
    Don't be upset! :) just get back on track, that's the difference between someone eating like that one day every few weeks or however long and someone who eats like that everyday!