Not sure I can do this anymore!

So down today, yet again I weigh in and have lost nothing, 4 weeks in a row... I'm working so hard, counting every calorie that passess my lips! I should be easily losing 2lbs a week... MFP keeps telling me i'll be 89kg in 5 weeks but i've not budged from 95kg since the end of March! 23 days of hard work, determination and for what?

:mad:

Replies

• lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    So down today, yet again I weigh in and have lost nothing, 4 weeks in a row... I'm working so hard, counting every calorie that passess my lips! I should be easily losing 2lbs a week... MFP keeps telling me i'll be 89kg in 5 weeks but i've not budged from 95kg since the end of March! 23 days of hard work, determination and for what?

tell me you are eating more than 1200 calories a day
  • RAF_Guy
    RAF_Guy Posts: 230 Member
    Don't give up Tina. Have you tried taking some measurements to see if you have dropped anything? It sometimes takes somebody with a slow metabolism a little while for their body to catch up. Just keep at it, you will get there.
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Maybe make your diary public?
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    If you're sure you're logging accurately and running at a 1000-a-day calorie deficit, you may need to up your calories a bit.

It is possible that you have vastly overestimated your activity level, but that is unlikely.
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Sure, you haven't lost weight. But you haven't GAINED any, that's the real success!. You're doing amazing, maybe you're just under stress right now and body is in shock at this new eating lifestyle. There is no doubt that of you stick to a healthy plan that your body composition will change, you'll drop some pounds and look and feel so much healthier! Good Luck :)
  • DON'T GIVE UP!!!! I know it's disheartening when the scale # doesn't cooperate...but quick question...are you eating at least 1200 calories / day? I know that makes a difference...I had to be put in line about that too!!

By the looks of your ticker, you're on your way - don't let this past 4 weeks get you too frustrated...things happen --- could even be stress, kwim? I know that it does strange things to me anyway!

Hang in there...and hey - if you want to add me as a friend, please do!!!

Have a good - better day, you can do it!! :flowerforyou:

xx
  • Jph6701
    Jph6701 Posts: 55 Member
    it's not just about weight it's about inches and body fat %. Also it's about being healthier =)
    We all have down days tomorow is a new day good luck and dont give up. Add me if you like.
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Measure measure measure. The scale can be your worst enemy, especially if you're gaining muscle. You may even gain weight through this journey due to that muscle and also water retention. Don't give up. This is your journey. It will take time, but if you keep at it the results will surely come. Also maybe aim towards 1lb a week and make sure you are eating back most or all of your exercise calories. It makes a huge difference...even if the weight comes off a bit slower. Best of luck, keep your chin up!
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    yes you can-measure your self each week as well -as i have see inch lose and not by scales
  • Hey guys, I've not lost any inches either which is why i'm so down! I have a fitbit pedometer that works alongside MFP so I know i'm getting a great picture of my activity levels... Not sure what else I can do. I had 2 days off dieting at the beginning of April when I travelled to see my son in London, just 2 days and I put on 1 pound! I just want to be happy and healthy but not sure I can take much more of all the hard work for no reward! Sure it's a bad day, but they're getting harder to bounce back from...
    And yes, I'm eating more than 1200 calories a day!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member

tell me you are eating more than 1200 calories a day

This^^^^ And you might want to check this group out, especially if you are working out alot. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less
  • giantruss
    giantruss Posts: 100
    hey dont be down, you weight will change!

my weight loss has been a bit slow the last couple weeks, so i know how it feels!

you have done amazing upto now, keep up the good work .

remember this is a life changing path, and it will come to you.
  • sunnie326
    sunnie326 Posts: 721 Member
    Make sure you are drinking plenty of water!!! I lost 5 lbs in 3 days and then gained half of it back over the weekend. Realized that I had hardly no water intake. I have been super conscious of my water intake since and seem to be back on the right track. Hang in there. We all have ups and downs and you will get past this!!!!
  • betternowthanlater
    betternowthanlater Posts: 34 Member
    Everyone needs a little time to sulk through the process- but think of it this way:

Eating right and being active isn't bad for you even if you NEVER lose a ounce.

I have been stuck for about 3 weeks, but so what? I feel better and I just bet yoyu do, too! Change your focus to measuring success by the way you feel- not the way the scale makes you feel.

You can do it.
  • Malaika946
    Malaika946 Posts: 107 Member
    I have have been through the same, i broke the plateu by trying a different way of eating. I did the induction phase of atkins for 3 days and the scales started moving again.
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Hi Tina, I know how discouraging it is to get on the scales week after week and no change. One time when I was a WW member I lost about the same amount of weight that you have so far, and then I just got stuck on that - despite sticking loyally to the programme - for 7 long weeks! I wanted to give up but didn't and eventually I started losing weight again. It is a long road that we travel towards the healthier, fitter, slimmer us ... think of all your achievement so far - do you want to go back to what you were ... I don't think so ... so please take heart and just determine in your own mind that you will stick it out! I wish you well.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    I suspect you need to eat more because your activity levels are high and your weight is already quite low. Sounds scary but I suspect that's the problem even though your eating over 1200!x
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Look at how far you've come - do you really want to throw that away? If you're open to it, I'd like you to add me and let me see your diary to see if I can offer suggestions. Otherwise, I'd say make sure you're drinking plenty of water and eating enough calories. Maybe switch up your settings to lose 1 lb per week.... Oh, and as someone before me said - you're not gaining, so that's a great thing! Plauteaus happen, and they too shall pass. Best of luck to you on continued success! :flowerforyou:
  • Thanks so much for all the comments guys...
    Made my diary public, i'll try anything to get things moving!
    Almost back to focusing thanks to you all!!
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member

My first places to check (up there with 'is it plugged in?') are:

1. weighing your food? portion sizes tend to slip.
    2. tracking everything you eat? Whole meals can accidentally slip through the net.

Cheers, b. :)