Alchohol

Options
2»

Replies

• sinisme
    sinisme Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Here's what I've learned about alcohol consumption in relation to losing weight:
    1. Alcohol, especially beer, can ABSOLUTELY add lbs. and keep you from losing. Not to mention that the buzz loosens those inhibitions and then the bar appetizers start looking REALLY good! So much for all that good self-discipline!

2. If you are going to drink, you should go for light beer, wine spritzers or hard alcohol mixed with water or diet soda only. Martinis are not too bad, as long as they are mixed with vermouth and olive juice only. The ones with flavored schnapps and vodkas are loaded with sugar. Same goes with margaritas and most of the daiquiri and pina colada-type drinks. Avoid any drink made with commercial or house-prepared sweet and sour mix - the sweet is sugar and loaded with calories. I know, that severly limits your drinking options...

3. Try alternating a glass of water with every alcoholic drink, so as to limit your calorie intake.

4. Remember that vigorously dancing every song burns calories too, so party on and dance, dance, dance!

how about Dance Dance Revolution? is that considered weight loss dancing?

:laugh: TOTALLY IS!

Oh thats interesting, I better stop laughing at those people. I have to say I get pretty active when I'm playing guitar hero. I mean, I use the guitar-strap. Hair whips. You know, one leg up on the coffee table. I get into that *kitten*.

I've actually never played guitar hero!!! hahahah
    But I imagine it's.... great fun? :huh:
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options

lets just say, you haven't truely lived.
  • sinisme
    sinisme Posts: 148 Member
    Options

Really!?!? Well then I may just have to raid my little brother's room and live a little this weekend.....
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options

Really!?!? Well then I may just have to raid my little brother's room and live a little this weekend.....

how about some little brother/big sister bonding time...rocking out some GNR on guitar hero. Thats livin'.
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Wow I had no idea alcohol could do that. I just thought it was loaded with calories and sugars.
    And here I am enjoying my gin and tonic well once a week... only in moderation right.
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I had posted this on another post a while back...If you are going to have a drink, I say drink what you want since the calories have very little to do with how alcohol affects your body. I will choose a Guinness over a light beer any day!! I just make sure it's not EVERY day!

It really has little to do with the amount of calories in alcohol but it's more about the type of calories and how it's metabolized. There are 7 calories per gram in alcohol, 9 grams per calorie in fat. So it's very close.
    When alcohol has to metabolize through your liver, it's cuts down the fat burning process up to 73%. I won't go into too much technical mumbo jumbo on the liver and fat enzymes. Of course this can vary by person, but it still inhibits your bodies metabolism.

This is just the short answer. There are a ton of articles on the web about the effects of alcohol on the metabolism. I hope some of this helps.

While I do agree about the affects of alcohol, the mixers are still calories that you should avoid.
  • alisha11
    alisha11 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I had kind of the same question a couple of days ago...I'm going to a local shin dig this upcoming week! Anyways someone told me that vanilla vodka is great with diet coke and diet rootbeer, tastes like a rootbeer float and it has fewer calories!:happy: