Replies

• warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    weight plates
  • kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Today I actually did back squats 10x2 and did the following weights 125lb, 125lb, 135lb, 135lb, 145lb, 150lb, 155lb, 160lb 165lb, 170lb (couldn't get up on the second rep--new PR though!)
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8", 170lbs, have been lifting for a little over three months... about a month ago my 1 rep max was 135lbs.
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    squat=140. Shooting for 150 tonight. I am working on form so my progression for myself will transition slowly.. then I will pack the weight.
    About 2 weeks ago with a spotter did 205# . I lift in home most times.. so due to a lack of a strong spotter.. I keep at the lower til I am comfortable/confident in my form without one.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    200kg (440lb) x 10 x 6 last night box squatting...
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    Options
    160 free squat, 200 in a squat machine, but that doesn't count. hoping to be able to kick it out higher tonight. :drinker:
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Just keep working at it. He might not have taking much time to consider the different starting point and progressions between guys and girls. Keep working hard!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Don't talk to your husband about weights. If I brag to mine, he'll tell me how much he USED to do, which yeah, is more than me since he used to be younger (I was tempted to point this out but didn't) and he has a penis (duh!). He just can't help but be competitive even if it's with a woman.

I'm doing Strong Lifts too and squatting 115lbs. I've been lifting regularly since October (but have lifted off and on for 10+ years). 85lbs is definitely respectable! I was stuck at 95lbs for 2 months before switching to Strong Lifts. You'll move up quick with that program.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Something like 1.6x bodyweight. When I get to 2.0x body weight there will be a party, with cake.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Currently 105 lbs which is a little more than 75% of my bodyweight, though I'm using stronglifts 5x5 so I'm still going up.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Not enough.

I'm not sure what not enough is supposed to mean in response to my post. But I am obviously not trying to compete in competitions or strongman ****.. so?
    I'll add that it's not my first time squatting. But it's my first time with this program and actually trying.

I am just being coy, you simply asked what do you squat? I simply said not enough (wishing i could squat more). But an exact figure would be 666lb at my last meet. And hoping for mid 800's at my next one.

Loading the bar with what Phrak squatted would be my workout
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    85 is an excellent starting weight. Most have trouble with just the bar when starting. So good for you!!

I, when alone (on smith machine) can do 225 15 times. My max (when being spotted) has been 425 (only one lift though).

Please note, this is all after 6 years of lifting and conditioning my core strength as well as over all. Lots of walking and building legs and butt strength.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    85lbs is a very good start luv, don't hurt yourself and you can increase weight with time :)

I am 5'4, weigh 174lbs, I wear a size 8 US jean comfortably (like to include my pant size to show that I am not fat even though I weight a lot), and squat 220lbs if I am doing 12 reps with 3 sets. If I am doing 15 reps with 3 sets I squat 200. I can squat 270, but I can not do more than 2 reps with that without risking injury. I will get there, and I am not competing either but I do love lifting and what it's done to my body very very much!!!
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I do hack squat and can only do 120lbs. I'm hoping to slowly get higher. Just keep up the effort and you'll get up there.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I recently had to drop my squat weight to 80# due to some joint problems but I hope to get back up there again.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Not enough.

I'm not sure what not enough is supposed to mean in response to my post. But I am obviously not trying to compete in competitions or strongman ****.. so?
    I'll add that it's not my first time squatting. But it's my first time with this program and actually trying.

I am just being coy, you simply asked what do you squat? I simply said not enough (wishing i could squat more). But an exact figure would be 666lb at my last meet. And hoping for mid 800's at my next one.
    Was that in the raw or with a squat suit?
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Today I did 3 sets of 8 at 145. I think I could go higher but I don't have a spotter and I'm scared I'll get stuck:ohwell:
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I physically can't go ATG, I think it has to do with my short legs. I kinda feel like I'm cheatign since I can only go just past parallel. I generally do something in the neighborhood of 4x6 with my last around 165 lb at a bodyweight of somewhere around 143. I've been lifting heavy inconsistently for almost a year, consistently for a few months.

And I should probably mention that my upper body lags FAR behind and even my deadlifts are not progressing nearly as well. (Deadlifts around 135 lb) and bench press of 65 lb
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    You can squat Satan!

Impressive.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    flies.