• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    I fart rainbows and roses :blushing:
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    <deleted for excessive honesty>
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Ok here is the deal, I have about had it with people in my life that complain, *****, carry on like no one else has problems but them. They expect the people around them to listen and be their sounding boards. It is dragging my down and I am sick of it! Does anyone else have this issue? and if so what do you do about it? Its not just as easy as stop talking to them or cut them out of my life either.
    Sorry for the venting.

In the end, this is a fitness site :huh:

Actually, whenever forums are involved, it become more of an online community, and as with any community, you get ALL kinds. We either learn to smile and wave at the neighbors as we plot killing their dogs or we move out. I have a very active imagination, and plenty of yard space.

As for the OP, I make it a point to stop talking to the people whose pervasive negativity wears me down. If what is happening in your life makes me want to shoot myself in the eye more than what is happening in my life, then I don't need to be involved in yours. I, unfortunately, had to do that with my godmother, whom I love. Every time I would talk to her, everything was so wrong with the whole world that by the time our convo was done, I wanted to kick kittens. I now just send greetings via her daughter. I'm sorry to hear it's your fiance you're most upset about because that is a life decision that will affect how you are emotionally FOREVER! Good luck!
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Bit of an odd attitude. If you aren't willing to listen to people rant about their issues when they need your support (or a good old moan!), why should people be there for you when you need to let off steam?
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    My daily Carlton post has to go somewhere, so here ya go.....he makes everyone happier....

carlton-dance_o_gifsoup-com.gif?w=320&h=239

I so needed this today...TY :flowerforyou:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    bills1e5sniff.gif
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Hello,

I had a friend that did that to me and I just quit taking calls etc from her for awhile. She only called me when she wanted something and when I went all she did was complain. We are back to speaking now and she is doing for herself now. I know it is hard. If it is someone whom you can't just quit talking to you might try telling them how you feel and that they are not the only ones with problems. I am here for you and please feel free to check out my profile and add me if you would like. This is not an easy journey and we are all on it together. You will get nothing but positive friends, feedback, support, comments and encouragement.

Hugs to you,
    Bev
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Kind of ironic post.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    My daily Carlton post has to go somewhere, so here ya go.....he makes everyone happier....

I am now going to spend the next hour of work perfecting these sweet sweet moves so I can bust them out next weekend.
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    You should read "The Secret" by Rhonda Burne...explains it all in a nutshell. We get back what we put out. (Law of Attraction) The whole universe is founded on this secret. Once you embrace it and focus on the positive, then positive things will come your way!

Cheers!
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Pot, meet kettle.
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    I posted a quote this morning that fits for this thread....

"You must constantly ask yourself these questions: Who am I around? What are they doing to me? What have they got me reading? What have they got me saying? Where do they have me going? What do they have me thinking? And most important, what do they have me becoming? Then ask yourself the big question: Is that okay? Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change." - Jim Rohn

I love this and I NEED to do this too. Thanks for posting!!!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member

I am now going to spend the next hour of work perfecting these sweet sweet moves so I can bust them out next weekend.

Just remember...video, or it didn't happen.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member

:love:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    bills1e5sniff.gif

You didn't have to point out I have chewy phlegm today. Damn.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Bit of an odd attitude. If you aren't willing to listen to people rant about their issues when they need your support (or a good old moan!), why should people be there for you when you need to let off steam?

I think it depends on how excessive their "I need a shoulder" moments are. Myself for example I'm always willing to let people vent since I will listen but if the person is coming to me constantly and if they ask for advice and don't take it just to come back with the same problem, exactly what is getting accomplished? It's essentially a waste of everyone's time. Another thing would be is if they're not respecting you have things to do or you have your own problems at that moment. It's not going to do anyone anything if you're in a bad mood listening to their problems, right?

But I do agree, if right off the bat you can't or won't listen to others it's not fair that they should turn around and listen to you. I've lost plenty of "friends" because I became a free therapist's couch and the only contact we'd have is if they had a problem and either wanted a solution or just wanted to vent and when they were done they left, not even asking me how my day was. Stuff like that's give and take.