23 lbs lost - colleagues say I've not lost weigh!

Options

Replies

• striveforhealthy
    striveforhealthy Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    There is a difference. Congrats!

It's probably because they see you often and the changes are gradual.
    The people I associate with here don't really realize how much I have lost because it's been a gradual process but when I go back home to visit family/friends twice a year, they are amazed each time.

Even with my husband, I don't think he really understands the amount I've lost. I've lost 70lbs but it's been over the course of a year and a half so if I were to show him old pictures of me he would probably be astounded by the changes.

Just keep pushing on and ignore them if they are really doubting your weight loss. Pretty rude anyways of them telling you that you haven't...
  • Meganlynn79
    Meganlynn79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing...and 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice. Give it 12 weeks. Don't quit!!!!
  • AlyiEli2017
    AlyiEli2017 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I see the weight loss. Great job! Keep up the good work. As long as you know you lost thats all that matter.
  • angie_sample
    Options
    i can really tell a difference. You look great!
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I'm at 23 lbs lost myself! Congratulations! I say print off your dual picture from here and post in your cube! Then they'll see the change. When folks see you daily it's easy for them to not notice.
  • ProjFit
    ProjFit Posts: 143
    Options
    Its very noticeable, especially in your face. Your doing great.. keep it up! sometimes our colleagues dont notice a weight difference because we see them everyday. I bet if you were to see someone you haven't seen in a while they would definitely notice a change.
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    Ha, you are fit on the second picture :):embarassed:
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    You can definitely tell man.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I can totally tell from the pics... Show them the pics and they will see it. It's just that they see you every day and that makes steady weightloss much harder to notice. Keep doing what you're doing! You look fantastic! :)
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I think it's noticeable - but I don't see you every day :)

It took about 3 stone (42lb) before I started getting consistent "have you lost weight?" comments.
  • killinme
    killinme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    They see you everyday. That is the only reason they can't see it my friend.

CONGRATS!!!
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    35idlqr.png

You're friends need new glasses. It is definitely noticable. You look fantastic! Keep up the great work.
  • EyesOfBlue68
    Options
    Definitely noticeable!! Way to go!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I could understand them not noticing because sometimes the ones that see you everyday dont notice but if you tell them they shouldnt argue with you lol. People have noticed mine with a 12 pound loss but unfortunately there are some catty people out there
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    That's a BIG difference, someone who sees the side-by-side photos can tell, and people you haven't seen in awhile would notice too. Keep up the fantastic work!
  • acresfield
    acresfield Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    In fairness, you seem to be one of those lucky people who doesnt really carry it around your face. and since I assume that they are not checking you out in the shower then they may not have noticed.

It is very noticeable in the pictures though.. get them printed on a tshirt and wear it to the office :)
  • hilarryus
    hilarryus Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I can tell a difference, especially in your face. As said below, it took me losing about 70lbs or so before people in my office began to notice. And like someone else said you are totally doing this for you and if you feel better, thats all that matters! Keep it up :)
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    i can totally see a difference. Your colleagues might not notice it as much since you them everyday. I say continue doing what your doing, your definitely doing something right!
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference right away between the two pictures. You're working with a bunch of "haters". You look great, keep it up!
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I can see it! They are jealous!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!