23 lbs lost - colleagues say I've not lost weigh!

Options

Replies

• jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Who cares what any of them say/think. You are doing this for you....not for them. Be proud of your accomplishment.

I agree--keep up the good work; it's very noticeable in your face:smile:
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Sounds like someone's colleagues might have jealousy issues. You certainly can see a difference. Keep up the great work and don't worry about anyone with any negativity. Life's too short!
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    When you put the pics side by side, I can definitely see a difference. Might I suggest wearing tight, suggestive clothing around your colleagues? It's easiest to see weight loss in that apparel.

For suggestions of clothing that would help, just visit peopleofwalmart.com. Certainly, we would notice a difference in many of those outfits. :noway:
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Call in sick for a few weeks! Then they'll notice! Lol :) seriously though, you can definitely tell you've lost weight.
  • Shadowcasting
    Shadowcasting Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You look great! Nice shirt, btw ;)
  • wanttolose2tone
    Options
    They are trying to say they didn't notice your were overweight in the first place I reckon. Their way of trying to be nice?
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    First of all - Congrats on 23 lbs! That's fantastic!
    I can definitely see the change - your jaw is totally defined now!
    My husband is always the last to notice any of my changes - I think because he sees me every day, so it's hard to see when the changes are happening before your eyes every day... too subtle. We can all see it in your photo because we can see a true then/now photo.
    Don't you worry about your coworkers - just be proud of yourself and keep it up!
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference, but it's often really really hard for people who see you every day to tell until you've lost 40-50lbs, particularly if you lost the weight slowly.

To me your face looks quite different, but if I saw you every day I might not be able to tell. It's funny though when it dawns on people - they'll ask if you've lost weight - and you'll be like - yeah man - A LOT - but there's something in our brains that doesn't allow us to notice it right away or something.
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    35idlqr.png

Hush your mouth! You look great! : ) I can def tell!
  • mlhandsmp
    mlhandsmp Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Definately see a difference! Great job!
  • JenniLisette
    Options
    i love the name ethan. def noticed.. you're cute :wink: teehee
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    first of all well done, there is a big difference, but as others have said, maybe your colleagues don't notice because they see you every day. do you have holidays to take? maybe after a couple of weeks away from work someone would notice.
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I see a HUGE difference....nicely done! Keep up the good work!
  • beccacoug
    beccacoug Posts: 24
    Options
    Bring those pictures to work and remind them of how you looked 23 lbs ago! You look fantastic! 23 lbs is a lot of work - keep it up (although you don't appear as though you need to lose anymore!)!!
  • Letters24You
    Letters24You Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Huge difference!! Definitely show them comparison pics!
  • des24rob
    des24rob Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above commenters. I can tell. But they see you everyday! Congrats on your loss, forget their bad attitudes. You've done a great thing!
  • buffon85
    buffon85 Posts: 14
    Options
    I can certainly see a difference, but a lot of times people who see you everyday don't notice those changes until you've lost ALOT.

This!!! my best friend didn't notice that i lost 25 lbs and my height is 5' 1" so it was a big difference!!don't worry, it isn't a bad thing!

but i have to say everybody seems to notice when i gained those 25 lbs:explode: :explode: in fact it was the first thing everybody made a comment on!
  • ethannosaurus
    ethannosaurus Posts: 20 Member
    Options

but i have to say everybody seems to notice when i gained those 25 lbs:explode: :explode: in fact it was the first thing everybody made a comment on!

You're right, people are always there to complain when we gain weight but never to compliment! :) Thanks for the support!
  • ethannosaurus
    Options
    Bring those pictures to work and remind them of how you looked 23 lbs ago! You look fantastic! 23 lbs is a lot of work - keep it up (although you don't appear as though you need to lose anymore!)!!

I'm tempted to print them out actually... infact, I'll do just that! Thanks for the support!
  • ethannosaurus
    Options
    They are trying to say they didn't notice your were overweight in the first place I reckon. Their way of trying to be nice?

I never thought of it this way... good point! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!