Does anyone fall victim to the 8:30pm craves?

Options

Replies

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i just have some veg (usually carrots) and tea
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    That's around when I have my nightly protein shake. Low carb, low sugar, pretty low in calories even. And tends to curb my sweet tooth. Otherwise maybe a piece of string cheese or some yogurt.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    nope usually in bed asleep by then.
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    YES. So much so that my room-mate looks at her watch at around eight o'clock and laughs when I announce my cravings :'D
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I do something extremely simple - brush my teeth. If you're having cravings, don't wait until bedtime. Sounds silly, but it works for me. :tongue:

I have tried this and it does work! I will go back to that!

I should do this too - Crest Outlast is a longer lasting mintiness, not much tastes good after that
  • blittle2
    blittle2 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Mine are the 10:30pm craves and there is nothing that can satisfy it, ugh!!!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    ICE CREAM!!!!! No jk. I normally do get like a pack of nuts, some rice cakes, something like that. It tides me over until I go to bed
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    yup, skinny cow ice cream ( 150 cals), chobani Greek yogurt (140 cals) hits the spot...
  • sheryllamb72
    sheryllamb72 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    10.30 craves........... :noway:

Have to have a small bowl f no added salt/sugar muesli, 20g natural low fat you, 5g honey and red fruits and blueberrys.....tides me over til breakfast time.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Frequently :frown: I have found that tea helps calm the craving but with the weather warming up I think I need an alternative. There is a recipe floating around the forum for 3-2-1 cake, it's around 50 calories a serving and very easy. I eat it semi-regularly to help my sweet tooth.

1 box cake mix (any flavor you want)
    1 box angel food cake mix

Combine in a gallon size plastic bag.

Measure out 3 tbsp cake mixture
    Add 2 tbsp water

Mix well

Microwave for 1 minute. Top as desired (or not) and enjoy!
  • QueenEbony
    QueenEbony Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. I don't seem to get the most hungry until after 8pm which is the time I least am likely to burn any food off. I have started sipping on hot green tea which has helped or eating a low calorie snack like a dark chocolate granola thin or a fiber one brownie.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Fall victim to?....They live in my attic...Come out every night.
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I like a tablespoon of peanut butter or chocolate peanut butter or I like cereal. I usually eat the cereal dry or follow it with water to keep the calories lower.

So drinking water reduces the calories of cereal? COOL! How did I miss that?

Just kidding... I know you didn't mean it to sound like that.
  • MsMarlaMae
    MsMarlaMae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Yes! I try to avoid eating but if I can't help it I do a cup of spiced orange tea made with fake sugar, tang and spices. SOOO yummy
  • Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    Options
    I don't know about 8.30 craves...I get them all day. Currently I am addicted to crunchy oat bars. I don't think I can brush my teeth 12 times a day, good suggestion though : )
  • robinregina
    robinregina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    eat a piece, one square of dark chocolate. It'll do the trick
  • Bdde
    Bdde Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think tonight after i make dinner I will make a few egg quiche that i can easily reheat and have for breakfast and for these late night cravings. A quick string cheese before I brush my teeth should do the job and if it doesn't work a nice warm tea.

You guys are awesome!
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I don't have any clever ideas, but just want to lend solidarity... I have the exact same problem! I can't tell you how many nights I've gone to bed early instead of watching TV, so that I avoid snacking!

So far, going to sleep has been the only intervention that has worked for me, as I tend to do well all day and then lose control at night.
  • YossDillo
    YossDillo Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm making sure to leave room for that kind of thing, because it happens ALL THE TIME and has killed many a new diet. I have gum hanging around, so I may try that; I've also heard brushing your teeth helps get rid of cravings. Worth a try?
  • PHLLLY
    PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I had a 12am crave. Chips and salsa mmmmmmmm