Does anyone fall victim to the 8:30pm craves?

Options

Replies

• Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    bump
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    That is usually the same time of evening I start to have cravings too! I'll usually leave a 100-200 calorie cushion so I can have a TBS or two of peanut butter or some almonds. I love PB so I always look forward to that little treat in the evening!!
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    i usually get cravings around 2am... i should really jst go to bed earlier :P
  • girlunobserved
    Options
    ugh I'm having the exact problem right now, it's always just before bed! I have a cup of tea and/or: pitta and hummus, apple slices and peanut butter or a weetabix with some skim milk and honey. The pitta and hummus aren't particularly low-cal but it's better than getting through a whole pack of biscuits in a few hours!
  • Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    17010006_lg.jpg

put in fridge. wait till chilled. eat. just as healthy as peanut butter, 10000x the deliciousness.
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • KettleBellHoe
    Options
    Oh man definite the worst for me I eat so very well in the morning and afternoon having very good control over diet and exercise and come closer to bed time I become a ravaging troll ripping through my fridge for something to satisfy my hunger but i found that eating a handful of hemp hearts(very high protein and fiber) or some spirulina/seaweed mix (crazy amount of vitamins,minerals)- my body calms down after getting the straight up nutrition and protein is needs without the extra calories.
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    put in fridge. wait till chilled. eat. just as healthy as peanut butter, 10000x the deliciousness.

Hmmm... that reminds me. This stuff is to die for! Awesome with pretzels, apples, celery, and no nuts for those with allergies. It's actually 54% ground up cookies. You know Biscoff Cookies, those little snack packs you get when you fly Delta...
    Slightly fewer calories and fat then peanut butter, but very little protein. Definitely an indugence, but mmmmmmmmmmmm.....
    [img][/img]6962312716_9d2aa8275a_m.jpg
    Biscoff by propskat, on Flickr
  • Bdde
    Bdde Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    So yesterday while preparing a turkey burger for my son, I made quiches from the 2 left over patties. I calculated the asparagus, tomato, 8 eggs, and the 2 turkey patties for 12 servings and they came out to 81 calories per muffin! I ate one of those at 8:30 and i was good! the saltiness of the patty and filling airiness of the eggs was perfect!
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I always make sure I save some calories because I can't stand to go to bed hungry. I also try to eat something that has protein or healthy fat so I get filled up.
  • PHLLLY
    PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    It's 2am, I just got back from a concert in SF. I had a tomato avocado sammich on wheat with some wheat bites. Hopefully that'll hold me off till breakfast :b
  • mybasset
    mybasset Posts: 2
    Options
    Every night. Especially when I work closing shifts!!
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Yes me too. I always have a spoon of peanut butter :-)
  • Bdde
    Bdde Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It's 2am, I just got back from a concert in SF. I had a tomato avocado sammich on wheat with some wheat bites. Hopefully that'll hold me off till breakfast :b

Wow now that's self control! after a concert and drinking I want junk! great job
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I start getting hungry just about every day around 8:30 p.m. But then, since dinner is usually only 30-45 min away I consider it a good thing. :wink:
  • superdonna
    superdonna Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Mine is much earlier but yes! Drink a glass of water. Don't have unhealthy foods in your house for a temptation. It sets you up for failure as you will eventually eat it. Pre plan perhaps what you eat because usually if you wait until last minute, bad choices are too easy.
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm hungry but I usually have dinner at 8.30 :)
  • ironmanwannabe
    ironmanwannabe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    all the time! i eat fruits which are decently filling (or popcorn). and when i fall off my diet, whatever is lying around. :)
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Does anyone fall victim to the 8:30pm craves? Every night just around this same time i get "hungry". I'm not really hungry i just want to eat something! I always make stupid choices like cereal or a bowl of ice cream. Does anyone have healthy ( low-sugar/carb) alternatives? HELP!

Every night. That's why I save enough calories from the day to have something - which for me is usually about a dozen dark chocolate chips and a very small glass of wine. Best calories of the day, lemme tellya.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    Usually like 4-5 boiled eggs will do the trick, but not always.