Breaking in Doc Martens

Options

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHA. I thought you meant break-dancing in doc martens.......LOL. I was thinking "Old School!"

"Doc Martens 2: Electric Boogaloo"
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Do you have ankle weights? Stick them inside and then throw them at the wall. :happy:
    New Doc Martens are the worst!
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I miss the 90s. BEST. ERA. EVER.

I have some mary jane Docs that would be comfy to wear, however, the insoles are beat to ****. I need to get em replaced. But they are cute as hell, and they take me back to when I used to be little miss alterna-girl.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you could hire one of those guys outside Home Depot to walk around in them for a few days.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    You just have to tough it out.....I have 2 pairs of doc boots, 3 pairs of mary janes, and a pair of wing tips.....I love them all, my newest pair which I got last christmas, are still not broken in....it just takes time.....
  • crise40g
    crise40g Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Mosh pit seems to work.
  • jenniferpowell1980
    jenniferpowell1980 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I stuff new shoes with as much newspaper as i can, every night, stretches them for you.
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    My fiance is also an avid Doc wearer. Has 10 hole oxbloods which are looking haggard, but he swears they are the most comfy things ever.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf5mJ7aR2t8

I've used this technique on everything from heels to sneakers to boots to help break them in and stretch them a bit. Works like a charm! For a boot, use a larger (1 gallon) size bag.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf5mJ7aR2t8

I've used this technique on everything from heels to sneakers to boots to help break them in and stretch them a bit. Works like a charm! For a boot, use a larger (1 gallon) size bag.

my 20 eyes won't fit in the freezer... :o\

I just put the boots on, slap on some of that greasy leather wax and do some squats, wear them all day and they are fine.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    LOL! I remember when I got my first pair of docs when I was 14 the store didn't have my size and I got ones that were 2 sizes too big and I had to wear several pairs of socks. Docs were made differently (better) back then and they were hell to break in. But once I did they became very comfy and lasted years.
  • solskinnzombie
    solskinnzombie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I put bandaids on the backs of my ankles and wore thick socks. they will be the most comfortable pair of shoes you own soon enough :)
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    :noway: Do they even MAKE those things anymore?!

Ahhh....the 90's. :smile:
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Love my docs...my favies I've had for like 15 years now...I remember when I bought them my grandpa teasing me that I could join the army and save 150 bucks...LOL.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    What's up with all these people talking about the 90s?? In the 70s, Elton John wore a five foot high pair in Tommy . . .

Hmph. Kids these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhg_QIyMxZw
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    i think it took about a month, but i don't really remember.
    once i got a pair, i didn't wear any other shoes for that whole month.
    i was sooooo happeh!!

:laugh: :wink: i do remember cracking up over the text on the sole:

OIL
    FAT
    ACID
    PETROL
    ALKALI
    RESISTANT
  • doyledozo
    doyledozo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Docs only soften and cooperate under the proper amount of blood, sweat, and tears. Got my first pair of greasy gibsons in 1990. Match them up with a nice Ben Sherman or Fred Perry. Oi!
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Commit to the Docs
    Be the Docs
    Wear the Docs
    Every day.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    There's a song that comes to mind. But I'll be good and not mention it, because I actually like Docs.

They take as long as they take for break-in.
  • MsMarlaMae
    MsMarlaMae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Blister Bandaids! Take it from a girl who owns more boots than shoes. Blister Bandaids are the best invention EVER!