C25K graduation dance!

Options
2»

Replies

• ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I'm doing week 8 this week!
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I will complete c25k next monday, if I can shake this head cold. Then I am running a 5k next Sat May 5!! Love the program!
  • truss25
    truss25 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    congrats w1 d1 here calves and shins are on fire. no treadmill or track around me so i have to deal with the tennessee terrain
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Completely agree with the adaptability of the body. I literally went from sitting on the couch to graduating C25K to my first 5K this summer (planned for June). It's a great feeling of accomplishment and you should celebrate! Maybe get some new running shoes to celebrate! :laugh:
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I completed my C25K earlier this month as well. I am NOT a runner... and not small... I did it, didn't give a crap about whether I looked pretty doing it or not, I did it without stopping!! (time: 34:16)

My only advice is stretch consitently after every run! I am having a bit of trouble with my achilles tendon now (after a 3.8 mile run last week) and now I am off running till next Friday. :-(

Stretching, I'm told, could have possibly prevented this. I will admit that I sometimes didn't stretch afterwards... and it was probably a lame attempt the times I did try to...

Anyway, ****** yay******* awesome job!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Lol Tag - I think I may well need new shoes after my last run yesterday.....they're all squishey from the rain, lol :-D

Thanks everyone for the loves, and people new to this - do it, enjoy it and you won't look back!! :) Hell, you probably won't enjoy it at first actually, but do it and the enjoyment comes later ;)

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    And totally agreed Skeena! I always tag a 5 minute walk onto the front AND back of any run (due to quite a dodgy knee)! Also, if you need support on any joints, don't hesitate getting it - they might look severe, but they are complete lifesavers!
  • Devona14
    Devona14 Posts: 171
    Options
    Awesome! I had been jogging for about 15 seconds at various times during my 30 minute walk fo the past 2 weeks. Last night I "officially" started C25K. I made it through 3, 60 seconds/90 seconds intervals. Then did 2, 45 seconds/2 minute cycles. I'm taking it slowly since I am still very overweight. Thank you for inspiring me to stick with it!
  • gordowens
    gordowens Posts: 55
    Options
    I just completed the C210K last week after starting and completing the C25K first. The apps were really helpful... Great work and congrats to your accomplishment!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    There's a C210k??? :O Uh-oh, lol xD going to have to look into that!

And Dev, amazing work! Keep it up :) It can only keep getting easier right XD
  • jennytaffe
    Options
    I just started the program last night! Thank you for the inspiration to keep going! :smile:
  • Devona14
    Devona14 Posts: 171
    Options
    There's a C210k??? :O Uh-oh, lol xD going to have to look into that!

And Dev, amazing work! Keep it up :) It can only keep getting easier right XD
    Thanks! I'm finding that the off days really stink. I want to run!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Congrats- I cant wait to get there. I am on week 3 day 2 tomorrow night. I think Im going to do W1D1 tonight for fun to see how far I have come. Good job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!