Ur thoughs on a daily ice cream cone as a snack

Options
bkscott5
bkscott5 Posts: 53 Member
Ok, so I need to hear ur thoughts on if it's ok or really bad to eat an ice cream cone almost every day. It's 1/2 cup ice cream (150 calories) and the cone (17 calories). I am almost always under my 1200 calorie allowance. I'm not hungry using my calories this way. I use this as a milk product. I love my junk food, really need some chocolate daily, and this allows me some junk and chocolate, but I'm not pounding away tons of candy ever day.

Replies

• LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't count it as milk but there is nothing wrong with ice cream if it fits in your calories
    have you ever tried frozen yogurt ? i had the chocolate and you couldn't tell the difference (totally not like yogurt)
  • ambeer2
    ambeer2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Where are you getting the cones from? McD's?

I love ice cream cones, too, but ice cream, plus chocolate = tons of sugar. Which could set you back a little in your weight loss goals, if you're not monitoring sugar.

Have you ever tried frozen yogurt? Plain nonfat is actually really good when you mix fresh fruit into it, and hell, throw some chocolate in there, too, but try to keep it dark. It's better for ya.
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    First off, in almost all cases, being consistently under 1200 calories isn't a good thing.

Second...I actually see nothing wrong with the daily ice cream cone. I Know for me, having splurges is what keeps me on track long term. I eat a piece of 321 cake almost everyday. As long as you are getting all of your essential nutrients in during the day, I don't think it's an issue.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with that, I'll be eating one everyday from McDonald's this summer......heck yeah, can't wait!
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    First off, in almost all cases, being consistently under 1200 calories isn't a good thing.

Second...I actually see nothing wrong with the daily ice cream cone. I Know for me, having splurges is what keeps me on track long term. I eat a piece of 321 cake almost everyday. As long as you are getting all of your essential nutrients in during the day, I don't think it's an issue.

^ this.
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I think it is perfectly fine. It is a dairy so that part is cool too as long as your getting your other nutrients as well. I know you are unable to do any real exercise but are you able to go for short walks? It could help you increase your daily calories and make you not worry about your ice cream!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    If you do get hungry try Artic Zero in Whole Foods. Only 150 calories per pint plus lactose and gluten free.
  • Wulffraat
    Wulffraat Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Not a good idea because it spikes your bloodsugar level and will make you crave more sweats.
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i eat 3-10 hershey kisses almost daily depending on my stress level, lol.

As stated above, you should be eating more than 1200- you need to do more research on how to lose weight in a healthy manner.
  • wiglett
    wiglett Posts: 53
    Options
    I eat 1-2 skinny cow desserts or a Yasso Frozen Greek yogurt stick everyday. . along with "mini" yorks, twix, pb cups" It does always kick my sugars too high, but this is a gradual lifestyle change and I'd i've tried dieting before and cutting everything out and I went bonkers and ended up binge eating all the foods I missed so this way I stay sane and focused!
  • christina_michelle
    Options
    my thoughts? YUM. and if its in your range no problem! But try to switch to froyo! they have some delicious flavors and with a little fat free caramel syrup it would be delicious :)
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Not a good idea because it spikes your bloodsugar level and will make you crave more sweats.

But if the person is not craving more sweets, which she said she's not, it would be fine, right?

I have ice cream often and hasn't stopped my weight loss nor caused any increase in cravings.
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've been eating the skinny cow fudge bars every evening. It's my one treat and I always have 100 calories to spare. Might not be ideal, but it's realistic. I'm good the rest of the time and no, it doesn't make me crave other sweets. I've been on track for 90 days so far. As long as I continue to lose I'm sticking with it.
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't sweat it, that's not a high calorie treat. It's keeping you within your calorie range and we need the treats to keep from getting discouraged through deprivation. I would agree with what has already been pointed out - if you're going to go down to 1200, you need to at least get the full 1200. That's a pretty low calorie count to eat consistently everyday. On the days you workout, definitely make sure you figure in additional calories for exercise. I love the Blue Bell mini country cones - they are freaking awesome and only 100 calories (actually I think it's 90).
  • bkscott5
    Options
    I've had the frozen yogurt out and some of it was wonderful, but it's far away. Where do u get urs? What is ur favorite?
  • bkscott5
    Options
    I can only walk about 40 feet and that is a major strain. I can only stand for 5 minutes. But I'm going to try some small/light arm exercises. Tks for the advice.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    This is how I curb my sweet tooth: President's Choice Hot Chocolate made with water (120 cals)

I haven't had ice cream yet though I have two tubs in my freezer. I know I would overindulge if I had some.

But if you have the willpower to only eat 150 cals worth... I think it's fine.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Terrible!

not srs. eat the ice cream if it fits within your cals and you've been able to get in adequate macros and micros
  • hufflypuff
    hufflypuff Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Mochi! little ball of strawberry goodness for only 100 calories. I just enjoyed mine. I also keep skinny cow on hand. Its easier to allow 1 a day or every few days than eat an entire thing of cookie dough in a night like I do if I try to restrict myself.
  • bkscott5
    Options
    Yes, I've had the vanilla cone from MCD. I also eat just a cake cone with the 1/2 cup of mint chip (that is where I get the chocolate fix from) or vanilla from rite aide. I haven't tried the plain yogurt but I've had chocolate flavored yogurt, which was good but not close to my house.