Replies

• sa7toot
    sa7toot Posts: 10
    Options
    nice brain teaser :)
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for your replies...i feel i have toned and gained muscle - hence the scales wont move! I'll try eating my dinner after the gym, although it would be late at night - humm...so much advice here - its great!!! Thank you all

You did not gain muscle in that short amount of time and without eating in surplus. You most likely are new to this amount of exercise and are currently retaining water. Also - as a few others have stated you should increase how many calories you are eating. Drink more water and wait it out. It'll drop over time.
  • mrobinson0805
    Options
    I HATE the scale! It's such a liar, yes that is your total weight, but it doesn't calculate your muscle mass. I had this trying issue myself even though I am the one always saying don't listen to the scale. I recently took measurements and I will continue to do it this way from now on once a month. Also take pictures. As long as you’re eating right and exercising, I'm sure your body is toning, the scale just may not say so. Remember when building muscle that ugly scale can go up or stay the same. Muscle weighs more but takes up less space in your body, this is why measurements are the way to go :happy:
  • Music_is_my_soul
    Music_is_my_soul Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are entering in your exercise on here as well. MFP will then tell you how many calories you need to eat then. As someone stated earlier. Your NET needs to be 1200. So if you burn 300 calories while you are working out you need to eat a total of 1500 calories which results in a NET of 1200.

Keep going! You will do great!
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are entering in your exercise on here as well. MFP will then tell you how many calories you need to eat then. As someone stated earlier. Your NET needs to be 1200. So if you burn 300 calories while you are working out you need to eat a total of 1500 calories which results in a NET of 1200.

Keep going! You will do great!

I am saying that her NET is probably to low at 1200.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel!!! However upon reading under my food logs, it seems I am not eating enough ( however I feel like I'm eating like a cow) BUT if you are working out too, you really need to be consuming enough protein.

I ahve only lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks.. I'm glad it's 5 lbs.. but its not enough for me, I feel your pain!!
  • KGFitnessGuru
    Options
    well I was taught by a trainer that has transformed hundreds of people and how to eat and more. Most of the people he has transformed are now competitors in the fitness comps. I think the way he taught me to eat works and shows you how to keep it off. if you want to look him up .. Hitchfit.com
  • c1aireee
    c1aireee Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator BMR tool, another number to confuse you with ;-)
    I just checked mine and it says I should be eating over 1500 calories but on MFP I have a 1200 calories goal a day, is it different because I want to lose at least 2 pounds a week?
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator BMR tool, another number to confuse you with ;-)
    I just checked mine and it says I should be eating over 1500 calories but on MFP I have a 1200 calories goal a day, is it different because I want to lose at least 2 pounds a week?

Judging from your profile, 2lb per week is not realistic.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I see you have only logged your food for the last 3 days. I have also noticed you are not eating enough food. Maybe try eating 1400 cals and kicking up the exercise. Logging your food is super important too. Our perception of how many calories we consume can be wayyy off when we first start out.

I hope things work out for you.
  • c1aireee
    Options

Judging from your profile, 2lb per week is not realistic.

maybe I should lower it to lose 1 pound a week?
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    You are either over eating and not recording what you are actually eating OR that the diet you are following is too high in junk with calories that are too low. You slow your metabolism right down by not eating enough and then when you do, eat junk, no record the calories properly and the body hyper compensates by holding onto the food you've eaten as it believes it is starting starve.

Notice there is no such thing as starvation mode, it is hormones at play maintaining you and controlling the metabolism. Fairly easy to be.

Looking at your meals, your food choice are poor.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I don't understand how some people don't eat more than 1200 O.o

I used to think I had to lose weight to look great, but it's muscle I needed to be gaining. My intake too maintain was 1870, but I was eating 1670 and losing weight. I decided to scrap that and upped my intake to 2000 calories and noticed I had jumped up to a pound within a week, I was also weight training, but I was most likely retaining a bit of water or something because a pound in a week on a surplus of 230 calories a week shouldn't result in a pound increase. So I increased it to 2100 anyway.

Hell even on 2100 I do get hungry on nights. I drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day, this doesn't include the 2 to 3 cups of tea I drink a day. I would say I eat a reasonable amount of fruit and veg a day.

I weigh myself every Saturday and it's increased and decreased a bit. So far I have put on about half a pound I think.
  • c1aireee
    Options
    You are either over eating and not recording what you are actually eating OR that the diet you are following is too high in junk with calories that are too low. You slow your metabolism right down by not eating enough and then when you do, eat junk, no record the calories properly and the body hyper compensates by holding onto the food you've eaten as it believes it is starting starve.

Notice there is no such thing as starvation mode, it is hormones at play maintaining you and controlling the metabolism. Fairly easy to be.

is that aimed at me or the person who posted the question?
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    if you eat every 3 hours small portions you will lose weight.. I lost over 40 pounds with my diet and how our bodies works and functions.

Wow. Another misconception. What is this? The thread where all we do is give out magic tricks to lose weight?

It doesn't matter what time of day you eat, and actually studies show that people are more likely to eat MORE by eating so often because we're used to eating meals, and will overeat during these "mini meals". But I lost 102 lbs 5 years ago, and ate breakfast, lunch, a small snack, dinner and then a small treat of 150 cals or less.

It was just another suggestion. Some do very well eating every 3hrs or the 3 larger meals - just do what works. The OP may do well eating every 3hrs so she may choose to tryit or not.

Ah. I see. Usually things that are given out as absolutes are just that...Absoulutes.

I simply tried to convey that one might not lose weight eating every three hours, and to suggest if you do something, you WILL lose weight is not a suggestion.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options

is that aimed at me or the person who posted the question?

The original poster.
  • c1aireee
    Options
    oh okay sorry!
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    oh okay sorry!

Can't comment on you, can't see your diet? :)
  • KGFitnessGuru
    Options
    well please look up Hitchfit.com and look at their results and tell me what you think and obviously they know what they are doing and teaching people how to eat. You should read and learn about the human body. eating small portions and know what to eat and I measure my food out does make you lose weight. now if you over eat in those meals then that is your fault that you can't control how much you eat. Not the diets fault. I have a stick guide that I measure my portions out. Yes if you over eat you will not go anywhere but to lose weight its 70% Diet and 30% exercise.
  • the90daybody
    Options
    Choose the best foods for weight loss such as the following:

Oatmeal
    When you hear that word oatmeal, what is the word that pops into your mind at the moment? Oatmeal is always relating to the heart. Eating oatmeal everyday helps you have a healthier heart. In addition, as oatmeal is rich in fiber then it is one of the best foods for weight loss management. The fiber content of the oatmeal helps you feel full and help you lower your appetite.

Apples
    An apple a day keeps the doctor away. This juicy and sweet fruit has the ability to shed your body fats. Eating apples make you feel full for lengthy periods of time helping you to overeat. It is advisable to eat an apple before a meal. This will help you eat less but you feel fuller.

Fish
    Eating fish than meat helps your success towards to healthy you. Fish is like tuna, sardines and salmon are rich in leptin. Leptin is which an effective fat burning hormone is. This is the one who decides where the food you will become a fat or an energy giving calorie.

So why look for the bets foods for weight loss? With the 75% increase in the numbers of people who become obese since the year 1997 up to present. It has a great impact not only to one’s health but also to their financial handlings. Did you know that hundreds of dollars are being spent every year just to treat diseases due to over-weight?

Doing a simple exercise at home and by choosing the best foods for weight loss can help us live the healthy way that we want.
    So what simple exercise everybody can apply to this daily activity?

Walking is the simplest form of exercise activity that everybody does everyday. One may not even notice this, but the benefit of walking is proven that will help your leg’s muscles and bones stronger and help you burn fats easily. So if you are heading for walk 15-30 minutes of walking everyday can make a big difference towards to the healthy lifestyle you want to achieve.

Hope this helps.