MFP Month of May Challenge

Options
Looking for about 20 women who are going to be serious about going hard for the Month of May! I have a couple of minor goals to hit next month and am looking for a team who will be dedicated for only 30 days! Group Rules will be posted by Sunday April 29th. I will also be pairing up each person with a buddy to be motivated throughtout the week. The challenge will Last from Tuesday, May 1st through Thursday May 31st! So if you want to join the challenge send me your name, something interesting about you and your goal for the month of May. That is how I will pair up best matches! Hope you will join me! ;)

Replies

• miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Mini buddy alert, I'm in :) I need to be in the 130's at the of May. My b'day is June 9th, personal goal of 135lbs
    .. Let's do this love!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i would like to try this. my goal weight is 120, currenty at 135. i enojoy crossfit and cardio. cant wait!
  • cycleholic
    cycleholic Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi - I would love to join! My main focus for April is to stay consistent with my workouts. For May - I need to kick it up a notch with more lifting. Still working on C25K lol
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    me me me!!! lets do this....i sent you a message...but ill post here to: goal is to end 5 pounds lighter in may, run 5 times a week and net 1500 calories a day!
  • lisanume
    lisanume Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to do this.... I need the extra motivation and peeps to be accountable to....I need to lose weight and stay not smoking, I think doing more excersise is key.... lol
  • KarenPostmus
    Options
    I'd love to join! The extra motivation these monthly challenges provide is really great :) I need to stay on track with my calories but I have surgery mid-month....perhaps someone to help me stay on track all month with my cals? @ 1400-1600/day. GREAT IDEA!!!!:D
  • corajane7
    corajane7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love some extra motivation! I need to make better use of my daily calories, and start with strength training to help balance out my cardio. I would love to drop 5 more pounds in May!
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I need an extra kick in the booty!!!

I have 5 weddings this summer - and I want to look my best. I have been slacking the last couple months and have put some weight back on! Currently I am 147 and I want to be closer to 135 by the end of May!!!

I love to run, swim and do my Jillian workouts!!! What I always need to work on the most is my EATING. I LOVE SWEETS! I am really trying to cut back and change up my diet to kick some body fat!!!
  • Bmjnash
    Bmjnash Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this! Month goal: workout 5 days per week, lose 7 lbs( atleast), and and drop2% of body fat.
  • xlpavenged7x
    Options
    I would love to do this as well! I currently work out 3-4 days a week and eat clean. I want a kick *kitten* body for the summer and I'm ready to give that last rubn for the finish line! I weight 154 now and want to get to 140!! Im ready for the challenge!
  • prudolph69
    Options
    I'm in. I need some motivation. I want to loose at lease 10 pounds by the end of May. Lets do this!!
  • LoveToDance9
    LoveToDance9 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join as well. I work out quite a bit (teach zumba 5 days and 1 belly dance class a week, I also do weights at the gym and have been consistently for 2.5 months now). I'm finding I've gotten lazy about logging food and also want to push myself more at the gym. My goal for the month of May is to lose 8 pounds. I'd love a buddy to help push each other.
  • weaziemand
    weaziemand Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I hope there's room for me. I just rejoined after being off for about a year. I gained everything back. I'm here for a fresh start and a I have a new attitude this time. This time, IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!!! My goal for May is to stay consistent with my exercising and to lose 6 - 8 pounds.
  • MumMumOfMany
    MumMumOfMany Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join y'all please ladies! Have a steady loss of 2lbs a week, but EVERY weekend have a binge on biscuits and crisps which means during week i have to work my *kitten* off to get back on track lol! Current weight is 134lbs, end of May target weight set is 126lbs x
  • mcarden86
    mcarden86 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Gotta get on track! Let me in!
  • WhiteCoc0
    WhiteCoc0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I will! My bday is June 9th as well as the first girl. I have to be hardcore in May...so I can look Hawt in June!
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    ooh! me me me!
    My goal for the month of May is to lose 11.5 lbs (bringing me to within 10 lbs of goal).
    Don't know if this is real interesting but i'm an avid cyclist - any other cyclists out there doing the challenge?

Thanks!
  • tina_fay
    tina_fay Posts: 30
    Options
    I want to take this challenge! My daughter's HS graduation is coming up towards the end of May and I have 10 more pounds to lose...which is my halway point. I need motivation to keep me going!!
  • mjegg
    mjegg Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful, well-timed idea! I do strength work twice a week and need to add 3 days of cardio. Goal for May is to drop at least 5 lbs and lower body fat. I have 24 lbs to go. Thanks for organizing this!
  • sjbruno7
    sjbruno7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    im in! my name is Samantha, i want to be in the 130's by the end of may, i want to maintain my 1100-1200 cal/day, and work out at least 4 days a week. Just need to motivation i think this will help!