MFP Month of May Challenge

Options

Replies

• tia_michelle
    Options
    in need of someone to keep my *kitten* in the right direction ! im 40 in just over a year and I want to look better than I did in my 20's I have 14lbs to go. I like to run, treadmill and outside just started running about 3 months ago and I love it! excited to get going again! pool season here I come?
  • bamaramagirl
    Options
    I'd like to join in . I turn 50 beginning of june! I'd like to look better than I do now! I walk my dog, do the treadmill and do strength work at the gym (hand weights, bar, bosu ball, etc) I also have an awesome garden growing that I work in, too
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I would like to join, for May I would like to lose at least 10 lbs.......a lil different with me though..I have at least 100 lbs to lose which is my main goal...just got back on track and have been looking for a challenge to keep me motivated...
  • kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join!! This is exactly what I need to get over this hump!! Been stuck at around the same weight for the last two months... I have a wedding this summer and my own wedding next summer! Would love to loose atleast 5 pounds in the month of May!! Something interesting: i'm getting a new puppy on saturday which means my routine will be a little different.. need to use this as an incentive and not an excuse.
  • lmbame905
    lmbame905 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE this Challenge!
    I particularly like the idea of a Buddy!

I got married at the end of March, and I totally kicked butt in my weight loss journey up until then. Now that "Crunch Time" is over, I'm really struggling with my eating and need a good swift kick in the pants!

My friend is getting married June 9. I have a half marathon June 2nd. I work out 5 days a week plus a long run on Saturdays.

My goal is to lose 8 lbs in May.
  • rbapat
    rbapat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to join!! I have a big vacation coming up in June and need to work my butt off in May. Doing great with food but need motivation to exercise more. Let's do this!!!!
  • angieshow3
    angieshow3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in. The most I have ever lost in a month is 7 pounds. I would like to lose 8-10 pounds for the month of May.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this. Goal loss 10 pounds in May. I am training for my next race June 9th!
  • anderson622
    Options
    I would like to also be apart of this Im just strting this and would love to have some help. right now im at 143 lbs and I would like to get to 130. I would like to lose more but I want to start off with this. I'm 33 years old and my goal is to get in hape lose weight and stop smoking.
  • Boutrosbabe
    Options
    Okay! I'm in. Sent the message, but here are the details:

I'd like to work out for 30 minutes every day, either running, The Shred, or Yoga.

I'd like to drink 3 liters of water a day.

I'd like to lose five pounds.

I stalled out a while back and I'm hating myself currently. I need a kick in the pants! My husband has lost 34 pounds this year and is the thinnest I've ever seen him. I'm 30 pounds up from my thinnest. Unacceptable!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Current weight, 131. Goal weight, 117. My Goal for the end of May is 125 pounds.

I would like to work out 5-6 days a week for at least 45 minutes a day. I would like to eat mostly whole foods.
  • Funkmeister_t
    Options
    Count me in! Going to Las Vegas at the end of May to renew our wedding vows for our 10th anniversary. Want to look awesome in my ridiculously short dress (Hubby picked it out). Want to lose 10 lbs in May. Lost 6 - 7 so far in April. This is a great idea - thanks!
  • concerto3
    concerto3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Me too!
    I want to just look better by the end of May because it's impossible to reach my goal in a month!! My Engagement photos are booked for June Third, and my arms need major toning and my tummy needs some flattening!!!
    I am going to the gym far more often as of this week, and pushing myself far harder, really need help staying on track!!
  • CRVDiva
    CRVDiva Posts: 104
    Options
    If you have any spots left I would definitely like to join. My daughter graduates from college on June 13th so I want to look good.

I am curently 157lbs and my goal for May 31st is to be under 150lbs. I'm pretty good at the exercising but I have a major sweet tooth and sometimes I find it hard to stay disciplined when it comes to treats.
  • laurcampbell
    laurcampbell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If youre still looking for people I am interested - I currently work out 5-6 times a week and do mostly cardio since I am a runner but I am looking to add lots of strength training in May and drop 5lbs of fat but gain some muscle tone so I am ready for my first Warrior Dash obstacle race course in June!
  • LizzBetty
    LizzBetty Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm in, I lost about 30lbs on my own, and then I lost my focus. I have gained everything back and I feel HORRIBLE! I need to lose almost 100 lbs. I felt GREAT aboutt those 30 and now I'm in a slump. I reached out to friends and family to help. There's one person on her journey but she's much more advanced than I am. I appreciate the support but sometimes its like the ugly duckling talking to the beauty queen. The support would be great, and the motivation would be a life saver. I'm starting completely over. Please count me in. :sad: I need all the help I can get! :smile:
  • mzjessicab
    mzjessicab Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Okay - Well We have our 35 Ladies!!! So I will post everything up, including rules and your buddy soon! So glad to have you all! - I know I said 20 but we have like 35 and I don't want to cut anyone out!... (But I notice they get out of control when they are too big!!! )Well I am ready for MAY!! Let's ROCK THIS!!!!
  • teatiny
    teatiny Posts: 3
    Options
    I am in! :) I would love to lose about 10 lbs. I love CARDIO! :)
  • trippymomma
    Options
    I would love to do this! I am wanting to lose 8-10lbs during the month of may. I could really use someone to give me that extra push to stay off my butt and exercise!
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    Would love to join... I'm looking to lose at least 10 pounds for the month. I really would love to get back into shape for swim suit season and I'll be getting married in a few months would like to look the best I can by then.