HOW TO HASTEN METABOLISM?

Options
13»

Replies

• Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    if you REALLY want to hasten it, get some cocaine or meth. :laugh:

lift weights. eat a high protein, high fat, moderate carb diet. stay away from breads and pastas.

The sad thing is that I don't really believe you are joking! :flowerforyou:

I was joking.

This is exactly what I do, the second bit, not the meth! :laugh:

The weight is coming off nice and steady and with the weight training I do my shape is getting better too. I eat late at night as by the time I've been to the gym it's quite late, it has not slowed my weight loss at all.

:flowerforyou:
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    if you REALLY want to hasten it, get some cocaine or meth. :laugh:

lift weights. eat a high protein, high fat, moderate carb diet. stay away from breads and pastas.

The sad thing is that I don't really believe you are joking! :flowerforyou:

I was joking.
    any stimulant will raise your metabolism. trufact. if that's what you're after, i hope you like raves! :happy:

otherwise, eat smart, work out, commit, and you'll lose weight. i see all kinds of ridiculous crap being touted as metabolism-boosting (cayenne papper an lemonade diet, wut).
  • Mishi1369
    Mishi1369 Posts: 37
    Options
    Too many people think their metabolism has slowed/crashed, for most this is not the case.
    You can get a general idea to see if your metabolism is optimal, by taking a measurement of your core body temperature.
    Using an under the tongue thermometer or a digital ear canal thermometer. 36.8 - 37 degrees is optimal.

Goggle "metabolism and body temperature"

I did Google it and I can see that they are related but what I am not seeing is any firm numbers. How low does body temp have to be for it to effect metabolism? My Aunt thinks hers is low because it takes so long for medication to kick in but she is also always warm which to me means her metabolism isn't slow but perhaps blood flow is poor instead but even that seems odd if she is warm. So better site suggestions please.
  • Oretexan
    Oretexan Posts: 108
    Options
    BUmp to read later