Just need to rant...not related to this site at all...

Options
2»

Replies

• AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Yes - I understand that the US is being hit quite hard by the recession - it never comes alive until you hear the real story of someone that this is negatively impacting.
    :flowerforyou:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Yes - I understand that the US is being hit quite hard by the recession - it never comes alive until you hear the real story of someone that this is negatively impacting.

It does suck...my hubby got laid off...so now we're living on my income alone...and it's pretty decent but I really want to be a cop (wanna work as an SRO-school resource officer) but nothing is available at the moment. :cry:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

It does suck...my hubby got laid off...so now we're living on my income alone...and it's pretty decent but I really want to be a cop (wanna work as an SRO-school resource officer) but nothing is available at the moment. :cry:

Sorry to hear all this - it will happen though - look at your determination and success on this site! You are clearly a tough cookie, so I doubt you will rest until you have met with success!
    :smile:
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Not to put too fine a point on it but it is perfectly legal and probably desireable to enter an intersection under a green light even if your intent is to turn left.
    That is what you should do to help with the flow of traffic imo.

It would depend on what state you live in as to legality........

In some states it is legal to enter an intersection in order to make a left turn and then wait in the intersection until there is a gap in the traffic in the opposite direction,

The road into which you are turning must be clear. You must not enter an intersection for any reason if the traffic in the road you are entering is backed up to the intersection.

This rule seems to vary from state to state.
    For example, the Oct-98 printed edition of the Illinois Driver's Manual "Rules Of The Road" says: "If you enter an intersection when the light is green, you may finish your turn even though the light turns red"
    (Chapter Three: Traffic Laws - Right-Of-Way).

On the other hand the California Driver Handbook 2002 (external link verified Jul-02) says: "Do not enter an intersection, even when the light is green, unless you can get completely across before the light turns red. If you block the intersection, you can be cited." (Laws And Rules Of The Road - Traffic Control At Intersections; checked Jul-02).

So you might want to check with your traffic laws before entering that intersection..... I for one never enter the intersection, there is plenty of time to turn left when there is no traffic, and if not....Then I wait, no big deal.