Chris Powell 7-Day Carb Cycle Solution

Options

Replies

• MidgeN27
    MidgeN27 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    That's 19-31 g of fiber :). Sorry not good at posting on these group site community boards :)
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have found that if I stick to 1200 calories on my low carb days and 1500-1600 hundred on my high cal days I do well. If I am short on calories and had too few calories for the day I will add an extra meal! First time I did this About a week before thanksgiving I was able to get down to my goal weight loss 5 pounds ( I was stuck at 143 pounds since August!) Then I gained 12 pounds over the holidays and I'm already down 7 pounds since this Monday! I'm a happy girl. The exercises I do not do...I am doing P90X instead. Best wishes everyone!

I had done carb cycling over the summer and lost 2 pounds in a week....but 7? Good for you! Did you chose one cheat day a week on Sundays like he suggests? Or did you do it on your high carb days?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I would complement that book with Carb Nite Solution. It is also about carb cycling. 30g a day, 1 carb overload day. It's working for me :) and it gives tons of explanations and specific numbers. It also repeats terribly but it's comprehensive.
  • losingmybehind
    losingmybehind Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Chris has come out with a new carb cycling plan that is way more specific and comes with a free app for smart phones. Instead of the every other day cycle, this new one operates on a 2 low carb days, 1 high carb day, repeat, then the 7th day is a guilt free day. I started this program less than a week ago and am already down 8.1#! WIN.
  • patty1063
    patty1063 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I will have to check into that!
  • MidgeN27
    MidgeN27 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job losing 8 pounds!
  • Welcome2theHellmouth
    Options
    I may have to check this book out simply because I have a crush on Chris Powell!
  • sherrid50
    Options
    The app is awesome and so are his protein shakes specially designed for the carb cycling program...if anyone wants to know more info about the shakes send me a message.
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Chris has come out with a new carb cycling plan that is way more specific and comes with a free app for smart phones. Instead of the every other day cycle, this new one operates on a 2 low carb days, 1 high carb day, repeat, then the 7th day is a guilt free day. I started this program less than a week ago and am already down 8.1#! WIN.

This sounds like something to try! I will have to give it a go! Thanks for posting!
  • sarahspillman
    sarahspillman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Chris and Hedi have developed this plan to work. It makes since if you think about it... burn fat and then ramp the metabolisim. That is what carb cycling does for you. He even has a diet of foods to chose from. On this plan you are eating every 3 hours, foods the are good for you and feed your body. I say give it a try, its worked for a lot of people.
  • anitasongs
    anitasongs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have been doing low carb and high carb days, following Chris diet. Anyone on here has lost a lot of weight and do you have any advice.
    Anita
  • anitasongs
    Options
    Thanks very helpful.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I just started this plan on Friday (May 3rd), so we'll see how things go :-)
  • Renee428
    Renee428 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I read the first book and bought the second one today, I going to start this on Monday so I can plan and buy my foods. I wish I could print a couple of pages of his book since I bought them both on the kindle. Anyone still doing this?
  • anitasongs
    Options
    love it
  • anitasongs
    Options
    Its a diet weight lifters use all the time.. you have high carb Healthy carbs and low carb days..
    You still don't eat white flour and white pasta, too often and you do not processed food.
    Most carbs are whole wheat, veggies and things like fruit.

You still count calories but when you take a day and lower carbs body burns what you have...so its great.. and this stops the cravings...which was such an issue for me.
    I love it lost 50 lbs so far and hubby over 75 lbs..
    Anita
  • anitasongs
    Options
    You keep that high, with carbs in greens and beans....I pass my fiber....almost daily.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I love Chris. I read the book thinking it could give me a jump start since I had sort of plateaued. It didn't work for me. I've found if I concentract on what kind of carbs rather than how much I was better off. I also upped my exercise doing HIIT and spinning, and that really gave me a jump start.

As much as I like Chris and think he's doing a wonderful job, this just wasn't for me. I can't see myself doing this for life, and right now changing habits for life is more important.
  • Braxtons_mom19
    Options
    I have also just finished the book and starting the diet today... feel free to add me and we can all help each other through this crazy journey!!!:)
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Ive just been reading up on this (have the book on order) and now realise for years I have been inadvertently doing this (altho I always called it calorie cycling but I realise now I would have been having high and low carb days by default). Ive actually lost over 180 pounds with calorie cycling so for me it definitely worked.