What are you eating for lunch today?

Options
13»

Replies

• Gutter19
    Gutter19 Posts: 141
    Options
    Today was marinated grilled boneless skinless chicken breast, roasted veggies and quinoa.
  • kmgarza
    kmgarza Posts: 31
    Options
    Homemade Turkey Burger minus the bread! Added seasoning to the raw meat then cooked it on the George Foreman grill. 3 slices of avocado, 2 slices of tomato, 1 slice of onion, 1 slice of Sargento Reduced Sodium Pepper Jack cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of mustard and 1/2 teaspoon of mayo placed it all between two large leaves of iceberg lettuce!!! Washed it all down with a bottle of Ozarka water. It was really delicious :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Lettuce - Cos or romaine, raw, 2.5 cup shredded
    Kroger - Picante Sauce Mild, 2 Tbsp
    Kroger - Reduced Fat Sour Cream, 2 Tbsp
    Tomatoes - Red, ripe, raw, year round average, 10 cherry
    Kroger - Grilled Chicken Breast Boneless/Skinless, 6 oz
    Krogers - Mild Cheddar Cheese (Shredded), 1/8 CUP

336 calories
  • SummerLovesPhil
    SummerLovesPhil Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I know you said no sandwich but I had half a PB&J, 1 can of cambells chunky vegetable soup (a ittle high in salt), and a sugar free pudding. An option that I like is to make my tuna fish concoction and put it on maybe a tortilla or healthy crackers. Take 1/2c of beans, any will do, 2T of Hummus, again any will do, 2-3oz canned tuna or salmon, mustard and hot sauce to taste. It should run 200-250 calories plus the serving vessel.

I love this! It would be great in lettuce and looks like it's crazy high in protein. Will try.
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Salad:
    Spinach leaves
    Arugala leaves
    mushrooms
    yellow peppers
    cucumbers
    cherry tomatoes
    chicken breast strips
    Feta cheese
    Balsamic vinegrette dressing

Strawberries

Beef Jerkey

Water
  • annemw82
    annemw82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I eat frozen meals for lunch a couple times a week too and I am trying to watch my sodium. I try to only get ones where the sodium is under 500 mg. Also I try to add more potassium rich foods to the meal if I'm going to do something higher in sodium. My favorite is Healthy Choice Honey Balsamic Chicken. It's about 490 mg of sodium but over 800 mg of potassium.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I take leftovers pretty often. Today I had leftover Chicken Tortilla Soup. I also take smoked turkey/swiss/avocado sandwiches on Arnold Sandwich thins with veggies as a side.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Two grilled chicken breasts, good stuff...
  • Ashleacurtice
    Ashleacurtice Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    One thing I love that is quick and easy...
    take a flour tortilla with some ham or turkey, lettuce, tom, and i put the a 100 calorie pack of guacomole in it! YUMEE!
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Two grilled chicken tacos with tomato and guacamole
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    leftovers or something i've prepared just for my lunch bag, like chicken breasts with brocolli/cheddar (my favorite).

contents of my 'feed' bag from today(I pack for breakfast and lunch):

4 egg whites (poached in microwave)
    2 strips of low sodium bacon
    an applesauce cup
    an apple
    a colby/jack cheese stick
    left over lasagna for lunch.

i didn't eat it all (there happened to be fresh fruit at work left over from a function) ...but i was prepared for my 8 hr shift!! too tempting to get something unhealthy.
  • sweettthings
    sweettthings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Big salad with balsamic vinaigrette and two Trader Joe's Bavarian Bratwurst (they're tiny, only 190 cals for 2), and a few grapes. 507 calories.
  • BatWoman2012
    Options
    Im having left over lite pasta and sauce (packet) and leftover chicken breast that I chopped up and mixed through the pasta. Oh the pasta also has chopped up hot salami... YUMMMY!! Bring on lunchtime lol
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I worked out at lunch, so my pre-workout lunch was 1/2 cup forbidden rice (it's a black rice that has more protein than wild/brown rice) and 1/3 of a package of leftover Trader Joe's Saucy Scallops with Mushrooms (330 cal). After my workout I had a protein shake and a cheap fast food burger (since I was ravenous, had enough in my calories/macros, and the time/money).
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I have the same lunch everyday until I get sick of it (with the exception of changing small items like sauce sometimes). Right now that is a wrap, with ham, spinach, broccoli, carrot, cucumber, chilli, tomato, onion, snow pea shoots, celery and probably dijon mustard.